how to start a session of remote access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hi ppl,
i have symantec pcanywhere 11 and my bro has it too..actually i am firewalled (NATed)..so i dunno whether its possible for him to access my pc remotely thru symantec or thru some other s/w

if its possible pls letme know.

Thanx.

digen

Youngling
It is very much possible.But there is a catch to it.Since you are behind a NAT device you got to configure port forwarding in that device to allow the remote connection[in this care your brother making a remote pc anywhere connection towards your end]

Depending upon the NAT device & its features you have to configure it accordingly so that remote requests will be allowed inbound into your internal pc which has got the client/server pc anywhere software installed.

With a little help from google I found that pcanywhere listens on TCP/UDP Ports 5631 and 5632.Also I learnt that the default ports can be changed with the help of the registry.

In case you need further help give us the NAT device brand & model no or in case its a multi-homed system give a few details about its architecture.

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hi digen,
thx for replying.actually i am using a local cablewalla's 24 hrs net so i dont have anyidea which brand etc. and neither do i have the access to port forward the necessary ports.the same problem also occured with bitttorrent.
so i guess there really isnt ne other way? or is there?

digen

Youngling
Nope as far as I can see it nope unless you have very good friends at the local cablewala's network.

The router or the NAT device is at the local cable wala's premises.The port forwarding would have to be done from there.Hope you get what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom