how to Squeezes DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
i have seen many 5 in 1 DVDs. which contain upto 6 movies in a single disc. Size of the DVD when viewed in the computer shows that it has 8 GB. Can some1 tell me how to "Squeeze" these movies into a single 4.7 GB DVD Disc. also suggest some software to COPY DISC this movies on another DVD as Nero doesnt support over 4.8 GB.

AiM

Banned
DVD Shrink is a nice tool. I've been using it for a few months. You've to just load your dual layer DVD in it and Go to the Reauthor. Select the sound tracks you want , Set compression ratio and "backup" it to your HDD. Now repeat the same if your required zize is not achieved.

It's better to copy the entire DVD to your local drive before shrinking.....

S

sunnydiv

dont do it bro, i have tried it , quality will beome very very crappy

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmm in casr you want a 6 in one DVD, you can do so.

Just convert all the DVD movies in .avi/.ogg format. Then you can write 6 in one DVD. Use DVDdecrptor and burn them as dataDVd and watch the movies in PC or DVD player in case your DVD player supports .avi playback also.

In case you want only DVD movies and not DVD rips, then you wont have good quality, and you can do one movie in one using DVDShrink.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
naah...You can have more than one movie in in DVD even if I am using DVD shrink. Use Nerovision express. Add all the AVI files you need and then convert it to DVD format and store it onto the local HDD. Now use DVD shrink to shrink it into a single DVD. Altho not advised to shrink 5 movies into one DVD unless its a Dual Layer (DL) DVD which right now are friggin expensive.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
icecoolz:
Yeah maybe , never tried that. I have used only to get a DVD 9 into a DVD 5.

How is quality if I have them as a DVDrip and burn them as dataDVD and if I convert them into DVD files and then burn them?

DL DVD local brand is now 75 rs! With Jewel box imported verbitem it's 550 rs. Any takers? Yeah it's too costly. Never tried the local one, even 75 rs is costly when I get DVD 5 for 15rs :p

Seeing how quickly threads get locked on these forums for reasons like -
discussed before, encouraging piracy, trading, copying games/software etc. I can't help but wonder -
Isn't ripping movies and making copies of commercial DVD's illegal.
Hell, it's even mentioned in the Copyright notices of all commercially available DVD's. Copyright law and DMCA prohibit making copies even if you own the product and want to make backups for yourself.

PS: For you're info, I do it all the time. Just wanted to clarify Digit's (two-faced) policy on allowing such discussions.

Confused,
Keith

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Mangal Pandey said:
i have seen many 5 in 1 DVDs. which contain upto 6 movies in a single disc. Size of the DVD when viewed in the computer shows that it has 8 GB. Can some1 tell me how to "Squeeze" these movies into a single 4.7 GB DVD Disc. also suggest some software to COPY DISC this movies on another DVD as Nero doesnt support over 4.8 GB.

Hmm... I think he wants to know how 5 or 6 dvd movies can be in the dvd that he rented-in. Those dvds are not 4.7GB dvds (or DVD5) as you assumed. Those are DVD9 or Single-sided-dual-layered dvds with 8.5GB storage capacity. Now u know.

digen

Youngling
Sorry for going offtopic & barging in like this but interesting point you have got there Keith.To know more I did a google search & came up with this Can you legally copy DVDs?

If anyone else could shed more light on this subject then it would be cool.

AlienTech

In the zone
sunnydiv said:
dont do it bro, i have tried it , quality will beome very very crappy

I haven't tried it myself but I have read reviews which said the shrinker from inter video is the best and even at 25% you will find it hard to notice the loss in quality. I have used DVD shrink and it was okay, If you reduce it to 50% you do notice loss in quality in fast moving images but not other wise. Re-Jig is also like that but much much faster but he stopped development years ago. Re-Jig does not recompress the data, it takes out all the extra data used to give a much more detailed picture.

I will say reconverting to AVI will definetely be a lot worse than rejigging something. WMV or DIVX format is a lot better but still...

If you bought something you can legally make copies for yourself. Even if they use protection and prevent you from doing so. And if possible I always do. Because I have DVD's I have bought that I have not even watched completely but they are unplayable now because well, they go bad just sitting on the shelf. These are original US made not dupes from Singapore that goes by as legal original here in India. If you pay under rs 2000 for a DVD consider it fake. You only get cheap DVD's on special occasion like when matrix came out and they sold it for $15, it was always $25 or higher for the rest with many going for $40-$50. hell they charge you $17 or so for a music cd.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Keith Sebastian said:
discussed before, encouraging piracy, trading, copying games/software etc. I can't help but wonder -
Hell, it's even mentioned in the Copyright notices of all commercially available DVD's. Copyright law and DMCA prohibit making copies even if you own the product and want to make backups for yourself.

PS: For you're info, I do it all the time. Just wanted to clarify Digit's (two-faced) policy on allowing such discussions.

Confused,
Keith

Well Keith, He wasnt asking w.r.t to movies as in commercial ones. It could be home movies which he has taken of his vacations or marriages or what not. I dont see any problem with that. And he did not ask about making avi out of DVD movies anywhere now did he ? I dont see any reason as to why this thread should be locked.

icecoolz said:
Keith Sebastian said:

Confused,
Keith

Well Keith, He wasnt asking w.r.t to movies as in commercial ones. It could be home movies which he has taken of his vacations or marriages or what not. I dont see any problem with that. And he did not ask about making avi out of DVD movies anywhere now did he ? I dont see any reason as to why this thread should be locked.

No, I haven't asked/requested anywhere that this thread be locked. And I wasn't specifically referring to this discussion but all ripping discussions in general. Also, home movies aren't called just that. Most people refer to them as videos, not movies. :lol:

Also, it's obvious from the original post that we are discussing commercial movies here, not home videos.

i have seen many 5 in 1 DVDs. which contain upto 6 movies in a single disc. Size of the DVD when viewed in the computer shows that it has 8 GB. Can some1 tell me how to "Squeeze" these movies into a single 4.7 GB DVD Disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom