~**~how to speed up Acrobat Reader Loading~**~

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrkraj

Broken In
how to speed up Acrobat Reader Loading
Do u get irritated when acrobat reader takes 5/10 seconds to load when you want to open a pdf document. There is a way to speed up the loading.

1. Go to the installation folder of acrobat reader
(C:\program files\adobe\acrobat\reader\.. whatever)
2. Move all the files and folders from the "plugins" directory to the "Optional" directory. (I repeat.. cut and paste the files NOT copy & paste).
Also make sure that acrobat reader is not open else it will lock the files and not allow you to move the files).
Now your acrobat reader will load very fast and almost as good as notepad..

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Apparently the Reader loads many plug-ins initially and most people don't need them most of the time.

I advice u to leave alone some important plugins.
In the home directory of the Acrobat Reader other than the most important plug-ins/: EWH32.api, print*.api and search*.api, move all the other plugins to a new folder of whatevernameuwant.
[SIZE=-2]note:* for whatever comes there, wildcard...r[/SIZE]
These files r needed for External Window Handling, Printing,& Searching...

The others r junk. If u want a junk-free AdobeReader, ftp download here from adobe.com.

A little read-in-detail...

BTW... the best way'll b to uninstall Adobe Reader and use the free,light & suuuppperrfaaaaassssssssstt... Foxit

Last edited:

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
You have a very nice app which speeds up Adobe reader and allows you to disable plugins manually using a check box.
I reccomend you to check this out.

*www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/software/index.php?type=supported&id=7F7290B5

Adobe Reader SpeedUp is a simple application that was created to help make the loading time of Adobe's Acrobat/Reader software bearable for everyday use. AR SpeedUp only needs to be used once (a process taking only a few seconds) and then your 'Reader will be transformed forever. There are also some tweaking options available. "w00t!", as the young kids say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom