How to setup a IEE1394 Connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz.....i want to know how to setup a network between my laptop and my pc using IEEE1394. I have installed the the IEEE1394 card on my PC and my laptop has inbuilt IEEE1394 . I just want to be able to drag and drop files from my pc to laptop n vice versa and share resources. I am using an IBM THINKPAD R51 and my pc has an intel original d915gav mobo. i had disabled the lan of my motherboard from the bios. plz tell me if i will require to enable it for making this network. Please guide me step by step. thanx..

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
To setup a network connection between two computers via Firewire, get yourself a standard FireWire cable and run it between the two computers that you wish to connect. Select the Firewire's card's properties and use the IP Properties page to enable the card to use the "IP over Firewire" function. Enter static addresses for both the cards, such as 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2. Try pinging the computers from each other from the Command prompt with the
ping 192.168.1.x (where x is the last octet of the the host computer. 1 or 2)
command and see that you dont have any packet losses. Next, if you're using Windows XP, go to Tools>Folder Options>View and uncheck the "Use simple file sharing" checkbox and then click Apply/OK. Next to share a folder, right click the folder, select Properties>Sharing and select "Share this folder" and enter a name for the share. Make sure that both computers have the same workgroup name. (Can be checked by right clicking My Computer>Properties>Computer Name. And no you dont have to disable/enable your LAN for this to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom