How to set up USB wifi adapeter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

╬Switch╬

In the zone
I got this new USB Wifi adapter to use internet on my psp, but I am not being able to set up wifi network in my house, I installed the driver from the CD, but cant seem to get something else right.
Can anyone please help me?
Thanks.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Hi,

you need to have an Access point I suppose, otherwise you are in need to go via Ad-Hock networking between 2 device..

Wifi Access point is what I would suggest, in that case you are in need to buy one..

Thanks.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
You could have gone with a wifi router and it would have been much easier to setup things. now you are left with on ad-hock network as you have just a wifi adapter :(

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Hi Switch, just a couple of days ago, I too bought a Wifi router. I an totally unaware iof what the process is for a USB adapter, but I think I can give you a general idea of it:

1. Install the drivers and plug the USB adapter.
2. A new connection may appear in your "Network connections".
3. Enable that new connection.
4. You may need to configure the Wifi network such as its SSID, security settings, WAN settings, etc. This can be done by opening your browser and typing the URL given in the instruction manual. in my case it was *192.168.1.1. Other possible values for this URL are:
10.x.x.x
172.16.x.x
192.168.x.x
So search for something matching this pattern in the instruction manual.
It will also have a username and password, the default values of which may be given in the instruction manual.

Enable WER/WAP or other security measure to secure your Wifi.

Now, search for wireless networks on ur PSP. Connect to your Wifi network and now you can share the internet.

Remember, this is just a guess....I have translated my WIFI router installation into USB adapter experience :D

OP
╬Switch╬

╬Switch╬

In the zone
^^When I type *192.168.1.1. it opens my BSNL broadband modem congif, how do I open that of the USB adapter?
Thanks victor_rambo,Charan and Choto Cheeta for your relpy.

OP
╬Switch╬

╬Switch╬

In the zone
This is what I get :
*imageshack.us[URL=*img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=564nb1.jpg]*img518.imageshack.us/img518/8201/564nb1.th.jpg
[/URL]

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Good, so the WIFI adapter is setup. Now, enable the wireless LAN on your laptop and search for the network and connect to it!

BTW do secure your wifi by reading the instruction manual.

OP
╬Switch╬

╬Switch╬

In the zone
Actually Im using my PSP to connect to the Wifi and its not recognizing it.
I think I'm not setting it up right. As you see no wireless connections are being shown in Windows.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^Do you have anyone nearby with a Wi-LAN card? Ask him if he can detect your wifi network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom