how to send mail from outlook express

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmit

Core of the Processor
i don't know how to send mail from outlook...whenever i tried to mail, outlook needs incoming and outgoing mail server... i don't know what hte hell it is.. plz tell me something about that..

shovik

Banned
See the following link, it will give you detailed explanation about the configuration of Outlook Express ::
*www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/user/outlook.html

Configuring Outlook Express 5 & 6 ::
*www2.essex.ac.uk/cs/services/networks_sa/client_sw/email_oe56/default.htm

Incase you face problems after this then please let us know in the post.

Regards,
Shovik.

tuxfan

Technomancer
If its some free mail service like hotmail, yahoo, rediff, etc. you won't be able to use Outlook/Outlook Express with it.

If its gmail, the help is on the site. If your id is provided by your ISP, contact your ISP for the POP3 and SMTP servers. You can read this general tutorial on How to configure OE6. Just use your POP3 and SMTP servers in place of those specified in that small tutorial

anandk

Distinguished Member
tuxfan said:
If its some free mail service like hotmail, yahoo, rediff, etc. you won't be able to use Outlook/Outlook Express with it.

y ? i have configured my otlook xprs to checke my hotmail and gmail !
open outlookexpress > tools > accounts > add > etc

for configuring gmail, i suggest u download and use their gmail autoconfig tool
*mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13276

bukaida

In the zone
tuxfan said:

There are several mail server softwares to do this job.Two most popular of them are yahoo pop and pop peeper. In yahoo pop you can even empty your bulk mail and trash folder of yahoo.

tuxfan

Technomancer
See, hotmail has stopped POP3 "emulation" for some addresses. Mine still works, but all doesn't work. Didn't want to confuse these fella by asking too many questions and Hotmail, Yahoo POP doesn't work directly in a mail client. You need a separate software for it and have to configure it.

Spare him from all that if it isn't a hotmail/yahoo address. So let him first answer what type of mail he uses. Then we can bombard him with more info on softwares for the purpose!

Configure Outlook Express for mail accounts :

First of all you need to know whether your mail server supports imap or pop access.Yahoo,Hotmail doesn't support pop access for free.Gmail (free) supports pop access.

for configuring gmail do these steps in outlook express
1) go to tools-accounts click mail tab then click add mail
2) Add display name (give any) click next then give your complete gmail address like user@gmail.com then click next my incoming server (select POP3),Incoming mail server (give value : pop.gmail.com),Outgoing smtp server (give value : smtp.gmail.com),click next
3)Account name : (give your complete gmail address like user@gmail.com),Password : (password for your gmail account),tick remember password area if you want outlook express to store your password,untick secure password authentication (SPA).Click finish
4)Now click your created account and click properties then click advanced (tab) now change SMTP value to 465,tick this server requires authentication (SSL)
then change POP value to 995,tick this server requires authentication (SSL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom