1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

how to send email from a web page

Discussion in 'Internet & WWW' started by amit_at_stg, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amit_at_stg

amit_at_stg New Member

I have reliance e-mail account that let me send unlimited sms to reliance numbers in format (reliance_no@ricmail.com). I want to use this email account to send emails(sms) through a web form on my web page. Plz tell me the way to do that.

thanks

2. OP
    OP
    amit_at_stg

amit_at_stg New Member

i searched the net and found that php script could be used, but how do i use my smtp server of mail provider(reliance)

3. kalpik

kalpik In Pursuit of "Happyness"

Type "nslookup -type=MX ricmail.com" into command prompt. That will list the SMTP servers of reliance.

4. OP
    OP
    amit_at_stg

amit_at_stg New Member

i know the smtp and pop server, but i dont know the way to use it on a web page, plz tell me the way to use this account to send email from my web page.
    thanks

5. kalpik

kalpik In Pursuit of "Happyness"

You just need the SMTP server to send mails. You said you found a PHP script. Open that script in notepad. There will be a place to put the SMTP server. Put it there, and the script would work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.