How to see jpeg thumbnails under Ubnutu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
When I download images using fspot under Ubnutu, I see thumbnails of my camera images, but when I browser in explorer or want to open the images in a program i dont get to see thumbnails of the images.

Is there a way to see thumbnails of the images within explorer & other programs?

hullap

Cyborg Agent
by explorer i think you mean nautilus.
maybe *ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=130181 help ya

Rahim

Married!
Hi Ranjan. Just open Nautilus and go to Edit>Preferences, Preview Tab and choose "Local Files" under "Show Thumbnails" for "Other Previewable File".
Jope this helps.
I assume you use GNOME and Nautilus.

hullap

Cyborg Agent
Yes what ever is equivalent of explorer on linux.
your quite wrong dude,
coz in linux there are different window managers(gnome, xfce, fluxbox,iceVM,etc etc) and file browsers(nautilus, thunar,konqueror, PCmanvm etc etc)
be carefull next time :)

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Hi Ranjan. Just open Nautilus and go to Edit>Preferences, Preview Tab and choose "Local Files" under "Show Thumbnails" for "Other Previewable File".
Jope this helps.
I assume you use GNOME and Nautilus.
The things u suggested were already checked & I think I was not clear in my question.
I can see thumbnails when I open home folder/pictures but I need to see thumbnails with open file dialog box
*img213.imageshack.us/img213/4831/screenshotopenfilesqy6.th.png

I need to upload image to imageshack then I click "upload image" a new dialog box opens up as shown in the above image that time there is no option to view files as thumbnails, that where I want to see thumbnails.

your quite wrong dude,
coz in linux there are different window managers(gnome, xfce, fluxbox,iceVM,etc etc) and file browsers(nautilus, thunar,konqueror, PCmanvm etc etc)
be carefull next time :)

I dont have thunar,konqueror, PCmanvm etc etc installed on my Ultimate edition 1.8 x64
I only see nautilus.
May be u meant that I have options to choose either of the above.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
Gnome FTW!

OH!you mean the dialog window?
@ranjan:seems you use kde and using konqueror file manager cum webbrowser? go to kde control centre and research there.there are hundreds of options available.inside there will be the option for enabling thumb preview for konqueror. or ofcourse ,try konquerors "preferences" option to have preview enabled.

In Gnome ,we have thumb preview already enabled.infact when I try to upload a file via imageshack ,it showed preview that I noticed about this for the first time :lol:

see:
*img366.imageshack.us/img366/5048/screenshotfileuploadpa5.png

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
NO I dont use KDE & konqueror, I have the UE 1.8 which I guess is GNOME and Nautilus which does not have the option of showing images.

Can I download konqueror & install & use it, or does it need KDE also(I don't know what it is)

I googled & read about KDE
I installed konqueror & it does have a better interface but the file open dialog box still comes up of default Nautilus, how can I change that so when I click on home folder it should be opened by konqueror.

Can I deactivate Nautilus or do I have to uninstall it, what will be the side effects of removing it.

What I know understand is that gnome & KDE are 2 desktop environments offering different looks & features, can they both be used together & then i can decide which one I want to keep?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom