How to schedule download??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagardani

Lost in LOST
I've BSNL Home 500 plan which has unlimited download from 2am to 8am. Is there anyway to schedule downloading tasks (torrent) in this time? What I mean is- I will keep PC on and go to sleep. Can I schedule my download such that it will automatically connect and begin at 2am?? I will keep Bitlord open. So if theres some way to automatically connect to internet at 2am, download will also begin automatically. Is there any program for this?? Because I don't want to remain awake till mid-night.

Reply asap... :)

sabret00the

Youngling
if you are using u(mu)torrent then click on options > preferences > scheduler > click on enable schedular > select the boxes that fall within the 2am-8am section thruout monday - sunday

Also use "Auto power on & shut down" software to control the turn on and turn off of your system...

slugger

Banned
i face no problem startin the download

d problem is shuttin it down

so i use Banshee Screamer Alarm

it simply shuts the computer down at the pre-determined - no configurations, freeware effective

OFFTOPIC

does anybody know of an alram clock software that can start playin mp3 files at a pre-dtermined time, preferably a freeware with the ability to play the songs in random order

i tried using Jake's Alarm Clock, but it seemdc not to work very well

Any suggestions??

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ I used a trick to diconnect and reconnect my modem ( MT882 ).I use the following
to connect
Code:
*admin@192.168.1.1/hwhtml/status/st_ppp_connect.html?ImServices.rfc1483-0.1

to disconnect
Code:
*admin@192.168.1.1/hwhtml/status/st_ppp_discon.html?ImServices.rfc1483-0.1

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ use autopower on and shutdown .. the complete tut is there in the link which I gave.

Shaly

Right off the assembly line
sagardani I know a program that works all the other way around, you can schedule it to start uploading a copy of your files online while you're away, and you can also schedule more than one task to be run respectively, pretty much cool huh? although it's a backup software! but it has these amazing features, I'm a big fan, you can give a try (Genie Timeline)
Cheers
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=9484

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Hi there,
Welcome to the forums. Please make sure you do take a peek at the forum rules when possible. Since the thread is a prehistoric one I'm closing it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom