how to run vb forms without vb installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakashaka

Broken In
Yes u can run VB forms without VB installed..
But u must install VB runtime
and u must create exe file of ur forms

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
The VB Form files (*.frm) are just text files which you can edit as you like it in the Notepad itself .. But to compile them,you will need the VB Compiler .. You can compile and run VB .Net files without the IDE though just through the Framework installed ...

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
cool_dude_prav said:
how to run vb forms without vb installed?

Please help me with links.

as prakshaka and batty have already told ..
u cannot run vb forms directly without vb installed ..
but u can run vb.net forms .. if u have .net framework installed

moreover .. if u want to rum vb files
u will have to create .exe file from the project .. ( this can obviously be done only if u have vb installed )
now the .exe can run on any computer having winxp
if u want to run the file in win98 or others then u will have to install vb runtime library from this link

nitnew

Broken In
VB runtime

you just copy the system files that are required to run the exe file. then make an exe file. place these system files in the system32 folder of the windows in which VB is not installed. then run the exe, you do not need any frm files only the exe file and system files are more then enough

OP
cool_dude_prav

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
it_waaznt_me said:
The VB Form files (*.frm) are just text files which you can edit as you like it in the Notepad itself .. But to compile them,you will need the VB Compiler .. You can compile and run VB .Net files without the IDE though just through the Framework installed ...

YAAR guys I meant to compile w/o having to install VB and to get the .exe files as I have to use this in my frnds' office where I cannot use illegal ver of VB

nitnew

Broken In
VB

cool_dude_prav said:
it_waaznt_me said:

YAAR guys I meant to compile w/o having to install VB and to get the .exe files as I have to use this in my frnds' office where I cannot use illegal ver of VB
friend do not worry
install VB on your system then compile and run the project see the system files which you nedd, then list the files.

or

just make the set up copy of the program. which you install on the friends' company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom