How to Restore Display Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Anit Deane

Right off the assembly line
Sir,
I am using an assembled Desk Top Computer with an Intel P II processor, 128MB Ram and Windows 98 Second Edition as the Operating System.
At times, after any games had been played on the PC, and it had been 'shut down' in the prescribed manner, on restarting it would start in the 'Safe-Mode' and then I would have to reset the Display Settings after Right Clicking on the Desk Top and selecting 'Properties' and then the 'Settings' tab and changing the settings there to True Color and 800 X 600 pixels.
This happened again today but now the 'Settings' tab in the 'Display Properties' is continuing to show only one option in the 'Colors' frame i.e. the '16 Color' option and the pixel slider is stuck at the minimum i.e.640 X 480 pixels and does not move to increase the pixel display in the 'Screen Area' frame. The media player is also unable to run multimedia video files and the 'Webshots Desktop Photo Manager' is also unable to dispaly any other photo. the game (Raptor F22) that had caused this is also not able to load and run, asking for a minimum of 256 Color Setting.
Is there any way I can get the Display settings back to 'True Color' and 800 X 600 pixels?
Sincerely
Dr. Anit Deane

theraven

Technomancer
safe mode is for when there are problems in ur pc
restart .. and when asked start windows normally
that should be the first choice ...
dont go into safe mode
everything should be fine after

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
Well.... Doc, plz check whether all drivers for ur hardware are properly installed or not.. if not then install them... restart your system...

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Well 2nd doc on da forum. Think ur display drivers r gone. Try booting into normal mode and then check if u get 24 bit color. Otherwise simply reinstall ur driver. I suppose ur os is Win98 it'll be fine on reinstalling drivers. Happened to me a lotsa times in my cafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom