How to Resize Partitions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

*GandaBerunda*

Drool!...Vista
i am having a 160gb hard disk.
I want to Partition my Computer with 4 partitons of 30 Gb and and 1 of 20 GB...how do i Without Losing my Data and my present WIndwos Installation? This is my Current Hard disk Status :

6 Drives :

C:\
(Windows XP Installation)
Total Capacity : 23.2 GB
Free Space : 6.84 GB
NTFS

D:\
( Softwares and Movies)
Total Capacity : 32.5 GB
Free Space : 14.3 GB
NTFS

E:\
(Softwares and Movies)
Total Capacity : 32.5 GB
Free Space : 9.45 GB
NTFS

F:\
(Music and Movies)
Capacity : 32.5
free space : 4.09
FAT32

G:\
(setup Files)
Capacity : 18.6
Free Space : 4.24 GB
FAT32

H:\
(Others)
Capacity : 9.33 GB
Free Space : 4.05 GB
FAT32

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Get GPartEd ISO and burn it on a CD.. Then boot from it... You'll probably be able to resize your partitions from there...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Magic partition is considered to be best disk management software.However there are few freeware alternative also like.
Partition Logic *partitionlogic.org.uk/

QTParted (for both linux and windows) *qtparted.sourceforge.net/screenshots.en.html

you can even use Ubuntu Live CD ( Ubuntu Home Page | Ubuntu ) ..it

NucleusKore

TheSaint
ravi_9793 said:
Magic partition is considered to be best disk management software......

It has also sometimes been jokingly referred to as Partition Tragic, so please back up ALL your data before you fiddle around with your partitions

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
NucleusKore said:
It has also sometimes been jokingly referred to as Partition Tragic, so please back up ALL your data before you fiddle around with your partitions

:) Yeah... GPartEd is very powerful. And Data loss chances are less provided you're not a dumb-ass

boosters

In the zone
I have a 80 GB HDD, but the problem is my WinXP is installed on C Drive and my C Drive is full, so i can't managed any softwares, so there is any way should i resize my partition it is something about 9 GB in C Drive ut i want to change into 13 GB without winxp format.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
boosters said:
I have a 80 GB HDD, but the problem is my WinXP is installed on C Drive and my C Drive is full, so i can't managed any softwares, so there is any way should i resize my partition it is something about 9 GB in C Drive ut i want to change into 13 GB without winxp format.
No you can't do that.However if you want to install any new softwares/games or any thing....you can install it on D:/ or E:/ drive.
While installing any new software/game you are asked to assign the destination of the program files..and by default it comes as c:/program files~~~

just in place of c:/ edit to either D:/ or E:/ whatever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom