How to remove this file!! Help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techmastro

Journeyman
I have downloaded a movie from azureus but due to i have to remove it in between.
I removed both data file & its associated torrent from azureus but to my horror file was not deleted.
Now whenever i try to remove file from that specific directory an error msg occur saying "cannot delete file it is being used by another process".
I checked my azureus back to see if any association has left but could not find anything.
Could anyone help me to forcefully remove that file as it is cconsuming precious 700 mb space in window directory.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Try removing in safe mode or plugging the hdd to slave to somebody else's machine.

swatkat

Technomancer
Try KillBox. Provide the full path of the file to KillBox and select the options "End Explorer shell while killing file" and "Kill file on reboot" and then click the button which has a "white cross on red circle" to delete the file.

If this doesnt help you, try MoveOnBoot.

If both the above method fails, then check the ownership of the file. Take the ownership of that file and then delete it. This page shows how to do it:
*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421

theraven

Technomancer
but thats just weird
even after shutting down azureus and restarting u cant delete it ?
could u tell me somethings uve tried just for the record ?

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
The problem occurs because when you click on the file, explorer tries to extract information about the file ( ex. length, resolution, bitrate, etc ). But as the file is incomplete, the process hangs in between and you always see a "file in use" error.

Swatkat has already provided with possible solutions. I'll just add one more method to do the same.

In Short : Kill explorer and delete the file, then start explorer again.
In Long : # Press ctrl+alt+del to bring task manager
# Go to application tab and press File -> New task -> type "cmd"
# Now kill explorer.exe from Process tab.
# In command prompt .. go to required folder and delete the file.
# File -> New Task -> explorer.exe

No need of restart.

-----
alibi

aadipa

Padawan
Use The Unlocker

Simply right click the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the file or folder is locked then a window will appear with a list of processes locking the file or folder. Select the locks and click Unlock and you are done.

planetcall

Indian by heart
If you are not able to stop azureus from starting at the startup then Simply uninstall the azureus to remove any association of the torrent file. Then try deleting the file. I guess it should work. Dont forget to post what happened after attempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom