how to remove motherboard speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
i have a xfx 650i. can u guys tell me how to remove the motherboard speaker from the jumper if it has one or any other way. i really want it out of my mobo

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Thre are no "jumpers" for case speakers! Just follow along the speaker cable to the mobo and pop it off!

But if there is an internal speaker on the mobo then I fear unless there is a documented way of removing it in the manual or an option in bios to disable it there is no other way but to remove the speaker driver in Device Manager (I'm assuming you are using Windows).

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
is there no option in bios to turn it off?
I had a similar mobo with a option to turn it off in BIOS

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
i tried in device manager but its not working. as far as 650i is concerned i dont think its using case speakers

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
offtopic: I'm planning to buy the XFX 650i, whats the max onboard shared graphics memory?

Last edited:

redhat

Mad and Furious
@entrana, you mean you dont want the default windows sounds to play from your motherboard...
If that's what you mean, there's a way to do so via the registry.
I dont remember it, But i remember Vishal having posted somewhere about this...
PM him in that cae, or search the forum...

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
@entrana, you mean you dont want the default windows sounds to play from your motherboard...
If that's what you mean, there's a way to do so via the registry.
I dont remember it, But i remember Vishal having posted somewhere about this...
PM him in that cae, or search the forum...
i tried the reigstry way it aint working

praka123

left this forum longback
I think mobo speaker is a piezzo buzzer.hitting it with a small hammer will render it useless :D :D :D

slugger

Banned
cut off the wire in the middle

and attach crocodile clips to them - attach and detach at ur own convinince

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
i dont have a manual. my mobo does NOT come with a manual. cud u please check out xfx 650i for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom