How to put new phone no. in my all-in-one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvspawaiya

Broken In
I am having an HP All-in-One 4255 with fax, phone, copy, scan and print facilties. I got it installed in Kodaikanal (TN) with that Phone No. Now I have moved to Hisar Haryana and I have new phone No. with which I have connected the machine. Now whenevr I printout any report of fax or caller ID, report displays old phone No. alongwith my name. Hoe exactly to change that old No. to the new one, please tell, as I am unable to do that with all my efforts and whatever little knowledge.

mediator

Technomancer
Hi, check ur HP's manuals to do that...read it ...its very easy! I mean only the people here with that printer will be able to help...so manuals are the best way!
Neways Kodaikanal is a beautiful place!

OP
R

rvspawaiya

Broken In
mediator said:
Hi, check ur HP's manuals to do that...read it ...its very easy! I mean only the people here with that printer will be able to help...so manuals are the best way!
Neways Kodaikanal is a beautiful place!

Dear mediator, I tried my best thru manuals, but nothing specific is given in that

vinaypatel

Journeyman
1. select manual mode and go in setting of fax there is one option to enter the phone

2. one opotion of autodetect
in which select autodetect and make call from any other mobile or telephone it will detect that no.

ECE0105

In the zone
Simple dude, I have the solution, but this will cause all the fax logs and the other settings to be deleted.

Remove the cartridges and then power on the All-in-One.

Power off the All-in-One by removing the Power cable.

Press the Buttons # and 6 (please try #,3 if this does not work) on the keypad simultaneously and then Connect the power cord to the outlet.

Wait for about 3 seconds, till you get the Reset Message.

* Please use # and 3 if the above combination does not work.

This should solve it.

Remember to insert the cartridges and then go ahead with setting up the All-in-One with the New number......

Let me know if this works out........

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
ECE0105 said:
Simple dude, I have the solution, but this will cause all the fax logs and the other settings to be deleted.

Press the Buttons # and 6 (please try #,3 if this does not work) on the keypad simultaneously and then Connect the power cord to the outlet.

This should solve it.

Remember to insert the cartridges and then go ahead with setting up the All-in-One with the New number......

ohh...never saw this thread.....
going in fr semi full reset ????

PS...working for HP nyway...????

OP
R

rvspawaiya

Broken In
Thanks to vinaypatel

vinaypatel said:
1. select manual mode and go in setting of fax there is one option to enter the phone

2. one opotion of autodetect
in which select autodetect and make call from any other mobile or telephone it will detect that no.

Thanks vinaypatel. your advice no. one worked for me. now I am getting my new no. on the report/confirmation messege. Thanks indeed. rvsp

ECE0105

In the zone
grinning_devil said:
ECE0105 said:

This should solve it.

ohh...never saw this thread.....
going in fr semi full reset ????

PS...working for HP nyway...????

Used to work for a client of HP. Dealt with All-in-Ones. Worked only for around 1 month other than the training period. Could remember only a few solutions...

You too worling for HP????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom