How to prevent taking screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
Hello all..

I am preparing ppts to my professor who want to upload them into his site. But he donot want others to save the files. So, i am creating html presentations. but, can i prevent others from making screenshots out of them?? If so please suggest..

Thanx in advance..

altimate

Broken In
hey!
Do u want 2 say that u wanna prevent ppl from downloading or saving the contents from ur website??????

Make a swf file for your presentation which works only when internet is on.....
Well I don't know how to do it..... but tuxfan or Vishal can help u

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well u simply cant... as when people will visit ur web sie, u cant control their system properties remotelly, if u try, then u have to install an customise activeX that may be counted as a attempt to harm the system and FF or IE would stop the viewing of the page...

there are scripts which will allow u to stop right click but u cant stop the print screen fuction of a client system :(

yes there are registry tweek to stop that in Local system, but as u r making a web application client system's cant be stoped to take the print screen unless as i wrote before u make a activeX/web installer and install that in client system...

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
The final answer is you can't prevent other users from taking Screenshots of the web page!!
Even if you write Scripts, those scripts can be disabled by the client!!

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
One thing you can do is to include a Copyright message in every slide so if anyone takes screenshot, your copyright message is also included. You can also put overlay copyright text on the images.

hey why don't you try making media file and then play it in your web page..
now even if screenshot is taken it will not appear in any of the pic editors

altimate

Broken In
what u can do is that just do as much as u can to prevent many of them 2 copy ur contents...
But not all of them can b stopped frm doing so

If u make swf files then too we have flash catchers
If u make a media file and u can prevent it from downloading then too we have screen capture softwares which record what u see on ur screen and then u can get a media file as the output.
These r just foolproof and can break all of ur security measures.

So try out things like blocking the print screen button of the keyboard through ur script....

if u still wanna take some pains then
there is a programming approach to this problem.
Use java or VC++ or VB
MAke an exe file of ur presentati0on ,just like the flash, with all the presentation effects through the coding.....
then code for blopcking the print screen button (which is quite easy in these)
also check for any background monitoring processes (like the anti bvirus checks) for the sake of any screen capture softwares.....
and prompt the user to end up these...
Also the user would download ur exe file and the coding would be like that it would check a flag bit and if this exe file i.e. ur presentation runs one time , this bit would be set and then the user can't run it again......
(but then too its possible if u use tools like resource hacker... but its a far long way from general and medium level users.)

In the end its next to impossible that someone could build a 100% foolproof and bug free system.......

CHEERS......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom