How to Overclock ASRock 939NF4G ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
The Subject says it ALL!!
Hi There!
i wud like to overclock my AMD Athlon 3000+ 64b on a ASRock 939NF4G .
Any ideas how to go abt it ? I googled,Yahoo ed, Msn ed, ask ed but all r very vague abt it!
Thnks in adv.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Go to bios nd slowlyincrease the CPU bus speed keeping the cpu multiplier at max(9X). Sometimes u may need to manually set DDR frequency to 333, as increasing cpu bus speed oc the mem also. After each increment, boot into windows nd run some cpu intence apps like Hot Cpu Tester 4 Pro for bout 5min nd see if the temps are in limit.

OP
Thor

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
I tried that, sadly when i save the setting and exit, the speed is back to bloody previous settings....

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
U can also do it with utilities like CBId(Central Brain Identifier). But sometimes it hangs if some me latencies of somethin is changed. Dun worry..its normal.
But whenever u shutdown ur PC the settings r gone nd u have to redo it in next start.

Last edited:
OP
Thor

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Chipset: Northbridge: nVidia GeForce 6100 , Southbridge: nVidia nForce 410 MCP
This one
*boutique.3dchips-fr.com/images/939NF4G-SATA2-FACE.jpg

Wud u detail how to use this CBId ?

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
after dling it, run the app;
the go to MOBILITY section increase the cpu multiplier from 9x to 10 in NEW SETTING under CPU VOLTAGE/CORE FREQUENCY. It applies as oon as u select one..sometimes it may hang.
U can also increase mem settings under MEMORY/CONTROLER ND INCREASING THE LATENCY.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom