How to OC E4500?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
New

New

Padawan
*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/109.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/109.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/109.gif
Choto sir I am not getting good performance from this E4500 in vista home premium..What's the solution?

thanks..

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant
What a mistake ? :( You should have gone for e4300 , and other mobo instead of Intel. Intel mobos are also not so reliable nowadays. On the other hand Asus boards are very stable at ocing(which reflects their strong build quality). BTW You can oc e4300 to a max of 3.6ghz IIRC.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@New

I am not getting good performance from this E4500 in vista home premium..What's the solution?

this is a real subjective question :( i mean u cant compare that system with a E6xxx system or a Q6600 system :p

what makes you think the system is under performing comparing with a same range system ??

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i've e4500 on dg965wh m/b, & runnin Vista Ultimate, there's no slowdown, or anything like that.

btw what RAM you have?

i'm having 1GB RAM (512x2) running @800MHz.

OP
New

New

Padawan
@Choto
Sir I have come to this decision as one of my friends PC runs smoother than mine with P4 3Ghz...
@s18000rpm
I am using Transcend 2GB RAM(800Mhz).

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
make sure they're running at 800MHz .

btw have you installed them in dual channel mode?

--------[edited]--------
just saw your sig :))

as you have 2 HDD's, what SMPS (PSU) [wattage] are you using?
& if you've windows XP, then does it run well?

make sure you've latest drivers/bios...
*downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?iid=CorporateV3+Header_2_Support_Download

OP
New

New

Padawan
How can I check whether my RAMs are running at 800Mhz?
Yes,I have installed it in Dual channel..
I have 250W Bentec PSU and XP works with no problem...So I am planning to install
Vista Ultimate once.

Thanks..

utsav

damn busy...
I think the 40GB hdd is old and is a bottleneck for the system if its running in pio mode

Man u rock :shock: u r running that pc with a 250w psu !!! .get a 400w psu atleast even the 400w ,450Rs zebronics psu will be fine

Last edited:
OP
New

New

Padawan
Ya..I am running on 250w PSU..Will bring new PSU only when it expires as I think it will not improve performance of the PC*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/3.gif

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@New

get any local 450 watts at Rs. 400/- :lol: will do better :)

also install the OS at SATA HDD or 160 GB and keep the page file at the 40 GB PATA :) will give better performance :)

OP
New

New

Padawan
Thanks for the suggestions..
My 40GB HDD is also SATA...Sir, I will definately bring one PSU within a week..

Thanks...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Thanks for the suggestions..
My 40GB HDD is also SATA...

use the CCleaner :) move the page file to another drive... defrage the HDD... use an AVS make sure system is malware free... keep the system uptodate :)

OP
New

New

Padawan
^Thanks for the advice...Can you tell me how to check whether my RAMs are running at 800Mhz?

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom