1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

How to modify the auto text entries in MS WORD 2002

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by hamidindian, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamidindian

hamidindian New Member

By Profession I am an Author of Dental Text Books. I use MS WORD 2002 for typing. I have to repeatedly use the Names of books and journals along with the Author’s Name the publication and the page Number to quote as reference. To avoid typing again and again I make Auto text entries out of that for e.g.
    Reference Carranza's Clinical Periodontology 9 th Edition
    Page No. 297-298
    Reference Outline of Periodontics
    4 th Edition
    by J D Mansion and B M Eley Page No. 360-361
    There are about 100 books and 500 journals an d I want to arrange it in subject wise manner When the auto text entries are made they all become arranged in the heading NORMAL . The other headings already in the MS WORD is ATTENTION LINE, CLOSING HEADER/FOOTER ETC.
    Instead of that can I have Subjects like
    PERIODONTOLOGY
    PROSTHODONTICS
    PEDODONTICS
    ANATOMY
    PHYSIOLOGY and then the respective books in that particular subject category.
    Please Help!!! Thanking you.

2. tuxfan

tuxfan New Member

Your query is somewhat vague. Could you please be a bit more clear?

3. ilugd

ilugd Beware of the innocent

The various categories in the autotext menu are based on their styles.

Eg.

make a style for each category that you want, like anatomy, physiology etc. (if you need to know about how to create style then press ctrl+shift+s and try to work out something from what you see or repost here)

Select the text that you want to make into an autotext entry and apply the style that you have created on it.

Now if you make the text into an autotext entry, it will be in a separate category with the name of the style.

4. OP
    OP
    hamidindian

hamidindian New Member

thank you from the depth of my heart

I am highly thankful to you for your kind support. As I am not as good at computers as you people it took me a little time to get the things right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.