Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by anilchauhan, Oct 8, 2005.
give me tips onhow to make xp faster on 810chipset
Just increase your ram...I've a 810e board with 256mb ram, now I'm really getting good speed out of it.
try turninig off the " eye candy " effects in XP ...that way u can run xp even with 128mb..and stop all unnecessary " services " ..they hog a lot of memory.
Use GameXP. This will do the thing for u.
1. type services.msc in the Run prompt and you will get a list of services and their settings... Disable/set to manual whatever services that you dont require. Based on the purpose of your computer, you can turn off many features....
2. Go to system properties (Win key + Pause) and go to the advanced tab. In the settings for Performance, select "Adjust for best performance" in "Visual Settings" tab. Make sure that your page file size is fixed and on the main partition(Do this after defragging so as to keep the pagefile also defragged) using the "Advanced" tab.
3. Download TuneXP, read the help files and execute the necessary adjustments
4. Keep your system defragmented
5. Download "Page Defragment" software and run it to ensure that your registry is not defragmented
6. Download a registry cleaner and remove unnecessary/redundant entries from your registry.
7. Go to "Add/Remove Programs", select "Add/Remove Windows components" and uninstall Windows components that you dont need.
8. Remove Indexing feature and System Restore feature for all drives that you wont need it.
9. Visit www.firingsquad.com/guides/windows_xp_opt/page2.asp or google for "maximize xp performance" for more tips.
Will add more
The services that can be disabled safely in xp
See the pdf file. I got it from tech republic but could not find the link so uploaded my copy..
Separate names with a comma.