How to make Winamp output to CPU system speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferrarif50

Journeyman
Hey Guys,

Can some wise guy tell me how to make Winamp output to the good ol' CPU system speaker. I heard there is a way to do it.

Lets see who is that wise guy!

So long

nedun_cheran

Broken In
Sorry as on today there is no external hope. But in my friend's Comaq Desk pro.. the original compaq work station of P1 series, is having the setting as the default.. if the sound card or the speaker is not connected then automatically the mother board speaker will work just like an ordinary speaker. But the moment the sound card is installed and speaker is connected this function getting disabled.

tuxfan

Technomancer
ferrarif50 said:
how to make Winamp output to the good ol' CPU system speaker
:shock: Is that possible? I have my doubts. The CPU speakers can produce only one type of sound at different frequencies. So they can not play what winamp gives them. The technology used in other speakers that produce sound is far different from that. So I don't think CPU speakers can play MP3 or other sound files.

psappuin

Broken In
Arre bhai
headphones lelo agar speaker nahi le sakte, they will be cheaper.
Essa hota tou mein speaker nahi khareed tha.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
The CPU speakera are at the most Capable of 4 note MIDI .
This means Really old Games like Mario will have their sound in midi format plays on the CPU Speaker.
Voice files cannot to played on the CPU Speaker even if you mod it and get another Speaker for 50Rs .

NikhilVerma

Padawan
freshseasons... I think you are wrong coz
The PC speaker is an ordinary speaker and so any sound can be played on it... It's no different...

tuxfan

Technomancer
I disagree. They are not same as other ordinary speakers. They are capable of producing only a few sounds at all frequencies, not all sounds at all frequencies (i.e. all audible frequencies, may be incapable of infrasound and ultrasound). If they would have been as capable as ordinary speakers, why would people still attach sound cards and speakers even in budget, low-end PCs?

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Nikhil ..actually its not the speakers which has limited capability. Its the MOBO Circuit thats made to for speakers just to make the Beep sound.
i already said ...even if you replace those speakers with 50Rs or say even dolby digital 5.1 Speakers all they will do is still Beep and Chirp. :)
Midi 4 note ...only good for mario ...
Tuxfan is right !

NikhilVerma

Padawan
freshseasons said:
Nikhil ..actually its not the speakers which has limited capability. Its the MOBO Circuit thats made to for speakers just to make the Beep sound.
i already said ...even if you replace those speakers with 50Rs or say even dolby digital 5.1 Speakers all they will do is still Beep and Chirp. :)
Midi 4 note ...only good for mario ...
Tuxfan is right !

That's what I wanted to say...

@tuxfan
Any speaker can play sounds at any frequency...
I could make a speaker out of a pepsi bottle's lid a metal ring and a magnet... And it would play good audible sound...
(I read it in a science magazine ... But now I have forgot it...)
So the PC speaker will definately play any sound...
It's just the circuitry which doesn't allow a speaker CONNECTED to a pc to produce harmonics of all frequencies..

tuxfan

Technomancer
@NikhilVerma : You could be right. I am not a technical person so can't argue with you because my knowledge is limited.

oldmonk

Broken In
you can do this both in windows and linux.

heres how you do it in windows:
*support.microsoft.com/kb/q138857/

this still wont let you play winamp but. However if you use linux then you can use all your programs with the pc speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom