How to make the dvd bootable at the start ?..before logging in the windows??

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonie

Journeyman
I have a xp cd which i copied to my system and burned it to another cd...But the problem is it is not booting at the starting..whereas the other cd boots at the start.. the same problem am having for my vista disc also..i burned the vista disc onto another cd and tried bootin at the starting it is not booting whereas the other one does..please help me solve the problem

it doesnt work this way. If u want to make a copy of a Bootable Disk, u cant do it by dumping all of its content and then writing them into a new disk. A bootable disk have the boot sector files to make it bootable which are nt visible in normal conditions. The easiest way to copy a Bootable disk is

1. Insert the disk (CD/DVD) in ur drive.
2. Run Nero (assuming u have Nero as burning software).
3. Chose "Copy CD"/"Copy DVD" (cd if u have cd and DVD if u have DVD).
4. U have two options :-
A. Chose Image Recorder as the recording/destination drive in the Nero Burning Screen where u chose whether to make multi session or not. It will ask the path to save the image. U can save the Disk image on ur PC as backup so that u can make copies later without the original Disk. after creating image, close nero and double click on the image file and burn it to the disk.

OR

B. Select ur DVD/CD drive as source and destination drive the same screen, and press Burn. It will burn the Temporary image and then ask for a blank disc. Insert ur blank disc and dnt press any key and it will copy the image to new disk.

In short, to copy a bootable disc, u need to make an image with any Image making software like Nero, Magic ISo etc and then burn that image to a new disc.

Hope you got the solution to your prob.

OP
R

roonie

Journeyman
it doesnt work this way. If u want to make a copy of a Bootable Disk, u cant do it by dumping all of its content and then writing them into a new disk. A bootable disk have the boot sector files to make it bootable which are nt visible in normal conditions. The easiest way to copy a Bootable disk is

1. Insert the disk (CD/DVD) in ur drive.
2. Run Nero (assuming u have Nero as burning software).
3. Chose "Copy CD"/"Copy DVD" (cd if u have cd and DVD if u have DVD).
4. U have two options :-
A. Chose Image Recorder as the recording/destination drive in the Nero Burning Screen where u chose whether to make multi session or not. It will ask the path to save the image. U can save the Disk image on ur PC as backup so that u can make copies later without the original Disk. after creating image, close nero and double click on the image file and burn it to the disk.

OR

B. Select ur DVD/CD drive as source and destination drive the same screen, and press Burn. It will burn the Temporary image and then ask for a blank disc. Insert ur blank disc and dnt press any key and it will copy the image to new disk.

In short, to copy a bootable disc, u need to make an image with any Image making software like Nero, Magic ISo etc and then burn that image to a new disc.

Hope you got the solution to your prob.

Oh thanks a lot...i will try it out...!..

Its working thx for the explanation..!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom