how to make strong passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolvrine

Broken In
u can make strong passwords by using some symbols & numbers to ur passwords u can use these numbers & symbols instead of alphabets

A- 4, b- 6, E- 3, g- 8, i- !, l- 1, O-0, P-9, R-2, S-5, T-+, X- ><

u can use them like w01vr!N3
:wink:

whim_gen

Journeyman
There is an excellent article PCLinuxOnline Site
on the kind of passwords one shud not use...

Hope it adds to this article

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
What's a strong password?

I use a less known exclaimation phrase (almost 20 chars) as my default password.
I have also come up with my own password style, which is based on one of my friend's password style. You just draw a pattern (like a tick mark, cross-mark, sigma, infinity, etc) on the keyboard characters. You just have to remember the starting character and the pattern to know the password. Totally uncrackable using any other method than brute-force (atleast till now). But I am yet to test it out practically.

PS:I gave the "PCLinuxOnline" name coz mods may think it is a rip off of some Underground Site and put me on warning Very Happy
Absolutely brilliant! But one thing u gotta know is that the mods are not blind trolls going around locking things without checking them thoroughly. Even if he snips the url, u can demand ur right via PM or another post.

whim_gen

Journeyman
siriusb said:
PS:I gave the "PCLinuxOnline" name coz mods may think it is a rip off of some Underground Site and put me on warning Very Happy
Absolutely brilliant! But one thing u gotta know is that the mods are not blind trolls going around locking things without checking them thoroughly. Even if he snips the url, u can demand ur right via PM or another post.

Of course I know that siri...
jus wanted no PM's and stuff like that...:D

Now i have removed that also ....if that makes u happy.:wink:

rajas

In the zone
QwertyManiac...nice 1

our IT dept. came up with a new so call Password Policy.

Domain logon passwords are being configured to expire every 30 days. When changing password you MUST adhere to the policy of:

Minimum of 8 Characters
Minimum of 1 Lower Case Letter
Minimum of 1 Upper Case Letter
Minimum of 1 Number
Minimum of 1 Special Character - example: @#$%^&*?>

Your password will get accepted temporarily by Windows even if it does not meet complexity requirements. U need to enter a new password again.
most painful thing is that it remembers last 10 passwords used. :cry: :cry:

iinfi

mekalodu
@rajas: why so much security ... do u work for FBI, NASA, ISRO, BARC or any such organisation??? :)

crashuniverse

In the zone
enclose ur regular pwd by # on both sides. done.

@rajas: why so much security ... do u work for FBI, NASA, ISRO, BARC or any such organisation??? Smile

at least for me, i dont care FBI things r hacked but i m sad wen my mail z done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom