How to make my html programs open by default in notepad2

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
I am facing this problem recently.I usually use notepad2 for small changes in codes and so i want to add the nodepad2 icon on the open with option when i right click on some files say html or jsp.
Problem is if i do browse and select the position where notepad2 exists then also the change is not reflected in the open with window.. the same works for my laptop but not in my office comp..
what should i do

slugger

Banned
go to

Start->Settings->Control Panel->Folder Options->File Types (tab)

select the extension that u wan2 open with Notepad2 from the list of extensions

when u do that, press the Change button

it will show u a Open with... window

select d program u wan2 open it with

Now it wil autoamtically open it with the program

even if u l8r chage d deafult openin program, u will still get dat program as an option in the context menu

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
it does not works buddy. after i select notepad2 and then i press ok and there notepad2 is not there...!!!!!!!!!!

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
right click on any html file then select open with then select notepad OR if notepad is not there manually locate notepad.exe and then check 'always use the same program to open these kind of files'.then click ok and enjoy.

slugger

Banned
once u associate notepad2 to open all html files, it will do so

but, if u just to open it with notepad to modify d code, den change back d association to sum browser

next time wen u wan2 open it with notepad2, just right-click on d file and in d context menu u will find d notepad option (it will basically show all programs dat was used to open dat particular filetype)

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ That is what I meant. Why to make default program notepad2?

Just add a registry entry to html filetype with the path of notepad2 in openwith context menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom