how to make dvd from cds ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

how can i make one dvd of game of software which is of more then one cd ???
i have .net of 5 cds and some games of 2 or 3 cds .. so is ther any way that i can integrate then in to separate dvds???

plz help

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
dont know,once tried with NFSUG2.. it never worked!! may be it depends from software to software, i mean..
a software of multiple discs may require you to insert the setup CD.the setup will resume when the file path as given in the install file matches to the file on the media

let me explain..
i am installing MS Pranay©
with CD1 and CD2
CD1 has the setup exe file + a folder "data" with installation files

CD2 contains only one folder "data"
the setup will always search the files with "x:\data\"
any change with that and the setup will report a missing or corrupt file

i suggest you to get a RW first try it/test it and then burn on the DVD media

and please do tell me if it works!!

puja399

In the zone
There is another easy option that works on every software/game. Make the CD-Images (ISO or other) of ur CDs in ur HDD and then write them on the DVD. U can mount them one after another with Deamon tools or alcohol and use them as CDs.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
me neither!

@puja399 he wants to make the setup easier..the way u suggesting will require a software installed just to use the burned DVD.

@nik_for_you please tell what u gonna write?

Go with puja399's suggestions. But whatever you do, you'll end up violating that particular softwares' EULA. Hence this thread amounts to encouraging software piracy.

-Keith

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
so we have to burn both image(.img) file as it is on the dvd media?
i mean xyz.img and abc.img in the root folder of the dvd??

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
club_pranay said:
so we have to burn both image(.img) file as it is on the dvd media?
i mean xyz.img and abc.img in the root folder of the dvd??

i think she isnt talking abt .img images, she said .iso format images.

@puja399 pls make a post and correct the confusion.

if any1 thinks i'm wrong pls tell me.

jay4u

In the zone
Tell you what... Use cloneCD or CDSpace 5 Nero or VirtualCD and make imagefiles and burn them together on you DVD in imagefile format.....

This way you will not risk damage to the content... Hope this idea clicks you... i do it the same way....

puja399

In the zone
Keith Sebastian said:
Go with puja399's suggestions. But whatever you do, you'll end up violating that particular softwares' EULA. Hence this thread amounts to encouraging software piracy.

-Keith

Would u b kind enough 2 explain as to how piracy is encouraged if I take backup of my legal softwares on to DVDs for my personal use?

The Incredible said:
i think she isnt talking abt .img images, she said .iso format images.

@puja399 pls make a post and correct the confusion.
I prefer ISO format becuz its a general format that is widely supported by almost all softwares. But u can use other formats also like CCD, IMG, NRG, MDS or CUE-BIN.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
well, keeping EULA and software piracy aside..
i used Daemon CD/DVD emulation and tried on NFSUG2 and yo! it worked!!

thanks nik_for_you for putting up this thread.. it really helped me!! and thanks puja for helping us out!

OP
G

club_pranay said:
well, keeping EULA and software piracy aside..
i used Daemon CD/DVD emulation and tried on NFSUG2 and yo! it worked!!

thanks nik_for_you for putting up this thread.. it really helped me!! and thanks puja for helping us out!

can you give me link to find this daemon cd/dvd emulation >?

puja399 said:
Keith Sebastian said:

-Keith

Would u b kind enough 2 explain as to how piracy is encouraged if I take backup of my legal softwares on to DVDs for my personal use?

Read the EULA. Most software comes from the USofA and backing up for personal use is illegal too. Not that I give a damn, but going by the book it is illegal. I had this confirmed by Microsoft with regard to my Flight Sim CD's. Also, using NO-CD patches is a violation of most EULAS. MS provides replacements for damaged Flight Sim disc 4 but for a price...duh!

-Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom