how to make bootable cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiFriend

In the zone
1)
i have used Baer's boot image Extractor to extract boot image form windowsMe cd. it extracted image1.bin file of 1.44 mb.
but nero6, only support *.iso image files for image cd. so i couldn't make bootable cd from extracted image.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) while using image file of Ultimate boot cd "ubcd24.iso" i was able to make a boot able cd, but during image creation Nero6 does not any other folder to be put on that CD.
is there any way so that i can put other software folder on bootable cd while creating it using nero 6 image option.

Vyasram

The pWnster
First open nero and use the wizard. Select the option saying boot cd. Now it will ask u for the boot image, this supports bin files too. then select the emulation (in ur case i guess floppy emulation). Then add any contents if u want to. then burn cd...done.

for ur sec ques, use ultra iso/iso commander and add software to the iso and then burn.

Gaurav

In the zone
to see the contents of the image file you can download the ULTRAISO (*www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/index.html) it's a very nice software.

Dreamer

Dreaming is THE art...
Here is the simplest way - if u happen to have Windows 2000/XP CD, insert it in the drive. Then open up any cd-data extraction software like IsoBuster. In the tracks, u will see a folder named "Boot". Go into it. Here u will see an image in there named Microsoft Corporation.img. This is your boot image, and when you create a bootable CD by and are asked for an image, just give the path. You can add as many files as u want then.

---
back to dreams for now...

varungupta17

Broken In
Extract the image as given above. Then start Nero burning rom and do the following...
1) Select cdrom(boot) option and in the "source of image data" select second option of "image file" and select .bin file by choosing the "all file " option.
2) Enable expert settings and select "No emulation".
3) In the "Number of loaded sectors" option type 4.
4) Rest are ur settings... :)

This works if ur creating windows bootable cd..
I dont know if it works with other types..... :D
HOWZZAT..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom