How to make best our of my HP Lappy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
Hey Digitized ppl!!

I just bought a HP Pavilion DV6736NR
the specs are.. (Detailed Specifications)
AMD Turion 64X2 2.0ghz
2gb DDR2
250GB SATA
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M
Vista home premium

now, i have a few questions about it..
  1. It has two partitions, 230gb(root) + 20gb(recovery). now i prefer not to mess up with the partition having windows, and would like to create a new one(something like 30gb(windows) + 100gb(data) + 100gb(data) + 20gb(recovery)). I used to do the partitions when i was back in india using the XP cd. but i dont have that cd here with me. i need help in this regard.
  2. After doing the partition work, will my HP Recovery console will restore my pc back to it's factory settings?? I am asking this because i got vista and few other softwares with my system, i dont wanna mess with those.
thanks.. replies awaited

User Name

In the zone
There is a make partition option in Vista.(Can't remember where it is.See help!)

After doing the partition work
HP Recovery console will not restore.

next time please have proper titles. Because when it comes to making the best out of the system, I was going to suggest you to compile gentoo in it while installing, plus compile all apps in the system for installation :lol:

OP
club_pranay

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
Re: How to make partitions in my HP Lappy??

next time please have proper titles. Because when it comes to making the best out of the system, I was going to suggest you to compile gentoo in it while installing, plus compile all apps in the system for installation :lol:

"how to make best OUT of my HP Lappy"
thanks for the notification, it was a slip of a finger..spelling error.

plus i was thinking of asking how to do those twists n tweaks in vista(what i used to to in the good old XP). but i cut short on my post and posted the partition problem only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom