how to make autorun cd of any software

Status
Not open for further replies.

stone cold

Broken In
hi :D guys out there can u tell me how to make autorun cd of the software i want :?: rit now i want to make autorun and bootable of norton systemworks :idea: and only autorun of macromedia dreamviwer.

digidream

Broken In
Hi Stone Cold,

This is very easy. If u collect the digit cd's, u can check the autorun.inf file in the root of that CD.

In same way u can insert ur desirable executable file on that's file place & copy it in to ur cd. That's it.

Hope it'll help.

OP
S

stone cold

Broken In
club_pranay said:
like this----in a text doc type..

[autorun]
open=file.exe
icon=file.ico

save as autorun.ini

dat's ok but what abt bootable cd i didnt find any image or program for that.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
Hi stone cold,
To make a bootable cd u need nero.
Run Nero and select "create boot cd " option. YOu need your bootable floppy for that. Just insert it and neor copies it then add the contents and burn it enjoy!!!
adn make sure boot from cd is enabled in the BIOS else even if the cd is bootable it will not bott :)

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

tuxfan

Technomancer
With Nero you can make a bootable CD only be emulation. That is, it can only emulate a bootable floppy (or a hard disk, I guess). So each time you boot with a CD, you can only access 1.2 mb of data. Even if you have other things on the CD, it isn't accessible :(

girish_b

Journeyman
I think he wanna make an intro to his softwqre backup cd's..
so make a introusing flash and save it as an exe file.
use the code given by club_pranay to create an inf file.(copy it to notepad and save it with the extension .inf.
you can pm me for a simple tutorial on flash.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
You can create autorun cds by adding the file autorun.ini with formatt as mentioned above. For bootable cd use the iso soft provided by Digit in the DVD

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
hmm, u dudes r trying to make the cd autorun, does anyone knows how to disable autorun in win xp?

*img62.exs.cx/img62/9472/signiture.gif

tuxfan

Technomancer
In Win98, you go to System Properties. There select the CD-ROM and go to its properties. Within the 3 tabs that come, one of them has an option of disabling Auto Insert Notification. Change settings and restart Windows. :)

I guess the procedure must be same in XP.

amistik

Broken In
1. Click Start and select Run
2. Type gpedit.msc and click ok
3. Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Template >System
4. Locate Disable Auto Play or Turn Autoplay Off
5. Enable it

i_say_hello

Broken In
for this you will have to write an autorun.inf file on to your cd.
it should read like this:

[autorun]
open=filename.exe
icon=icon.jpg

the 'filename.exe' is the name of the executable to be run
icon.jpg is the icon to be displayed (duh!)

kl_ravi

Journeyman
To autorun power point files there are two crude methods.....

1) Convert it to *.exe or *.swf using Powerconvertor you can run the exe as indicated above.

You have to run the *.swf as follows...
2) In microsoft frontpage create a new HTML cdocument and insert a plugin and select the source as the *.swf file you have created.

Now save the html file as index.html. Now to auto run copy and paste the following into notepad and save it as autorun.inf :)

[AUTORUN]
open=start/ index.html
icon=icon.ico

that should load the html file you have created. :)
========================

You can download a demo of Powerconvertor here..
*www.presentationpro.com/products/PowerCONVERTER.asp

=================================
The other method is to export all slides of a PPT presentation as *.gifs and using irfan view create a self running slide show EXE file and autorun the EXE file as indicated above

Its not .ini

Hi guys...

I'd like to tell u guys that the file name is not autorun.ini but autorun.inf. Please read autorun.ini as autorun.inf and follow the procedure as already told. it DOES work.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I think autorun only takes an exe file and not a ppt presentation as something that runs automatically. However, I may be wrong. But in the past, it hasn't worked for .htm files on a CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom