How to make AIOS(all in one)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hello ppl,
i was searching for some softwares here and there ;). and i cam across All in One or AIOs wherein most of the products by one company are put into one exe file and they can be easily installed as per our convenience.e.g McAfee AIO,Norton AIO.
i was wondering how to make such AIOS.. as i am thinking of putting all the bittorrent clients into one and make a AIO of bittorrent clients..so that it will be easier for ppl like u too. :D
is it an easy process..??are there any softwares for making AIOS?

pls reply.

Thanx.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Why would I want many bittorrent clients when one thing can do whatever a BT client must do?
No, I think AIO must include many different apps/progs that fall under the common task: like P2P (gnutella, BT, overnet, etc) or system tuning (all sysinternals utilities, perhaps) and so on.

[deXter]

Journeyman
It depends on what softwares you want to bundle, the target audience (or purpose).

Now if the proggies you are bundling are simple ones that dont require installation (like eMule) then the easiest thing you can do is just use WinRAR to make an installer- You can even set WinRAR to make shortcut icons and more.

Now if the program does require a setup, but is of relatively low complexity, then you could export the registry entries (using RegEdit) and make a bat file with something like reg /import regentries.reg and add it to your WinRAR-made setup.

And if the programs are much more complex, each with their own setup (and you want to use thier individual setup programs), then its as easy as making a bat file like this:
START /WAIT Setup1.exe
START /WAIT Setup2.exe

etc.. and you also have many methods/options/customizations like making the setup process fully automatic, hidden, etc. Once you make the bat file, include it in the Winrar-archive-setup and ur done.

There are also many launcher programs that do just that- launch programs. You can just add all your setup exes in the list and again, winrar-sfx them.

Now the above is possibly the simplest method of making your own Setups, there are more better and advanced ways, but its fully dependent on you and the programs you want to install.

--

Btw, about that all-in-one BT, even I dont think thats a very good idea- for most people one BT client is all they need. I dont think people would like to download bloated proggies that they dont need..

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
well,regarding the bittorrent thing..even though u ppl may be using just one bittorrent client ow..u must surely have tried many of them due to good comments abt them through reviews/word of mouth/or here itself.so instead of downloading clients everytime.i just pack them into one and install whichever i want..also xperiment around with stuff whenever a new stuff is found.
but thats just me.:)

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hiya ppl,
i have finally created my first AIO.(bit torrent clients 10 in 1 AIO).this autoplay media studio rox when u know what to do.
i have uploaded the AIO here.check it out.:-
*www.megaupload.com/?d=41VDHX56

here is a screenshot:-
*img377.imageshack.us/img377/9214/my1staio8gp.th.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom