How to make a PPT File to open up as Read Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amargusain

Broken In

Hello Ppl,

I want to know how to make a PPT attachment to open up as Read Only on receipients PC.

The intention is to disallow any kind of changes to be made by the receiver. This means that saving it as PPS is out of the question.

FYI .. I am using PPT 2000.

Ciao,
~Amar

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Read only can be enabled by changing its properties. But, that can be changed by the other person. I think what you need is a password protection. I don't know whether powerpoint has it.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Powerpoint has password protection (both for opening as well as for editing) only from Office 2002.

Check out *www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00038.htm for some possibilities - make it a PDF, make it a video, zipped file, etc...

Arun

ramprasad

In the zone
U can convert it into swf file and then in turn to an exe file....

This will remove the incomaptibilities and it can also play the PPT in machines without PPT viewer/Flash Player

OP
Amargusain

Amargusain

Broken In
Hey Guys,

Okie .. so it looks like we really cant do much w/ the PPT 2K s/w. And since i dont plan to install any 3rd party s/w nor to go thru the prohibitively costly upgrade for PPT 2K2 /2K3 .. i guess i'll just learn to live w/ this :)

Anyways guys much thanx for ur help.

Ciao,
~Amar

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
And I would also like to mention that using powerpoint even if the document is password protected to edit you can always copy paste it in new document and voila its edited no use of password protection. You can try Ramprasad's way though it will be costly to purchase and learn if you haven't already. Also, I have no idea if they can be edited or no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom