How to know LAN Cable is working or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

sainit

Journeyman
Hello Everyone!!!

My query is : -

If two or more computers connected through LAN Cable. We could know that cable is OK or not by looking at "Local Area Network".

In case there is only one computer and LAN Cable is connected to this computer, how i will know that data is flowing from this or not up to other end of cable.

(It happened with me when i was doing a very long distance LAN Cabling. There were 2-3 joints in between and i was not able to get data on another computer.)

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
are the lights blinking on the LAN port? and did u properly splice the cable, there's sumthin like cross and straight cabling, hope u got it right?

Saharika

In the zone
most simple thing is you have a kit to test it...
it cost around 300 rs and found any where...
you have 2 ends and it runs with a battery...
and signals are sent from one end and equivalent lights emits..and 7 wires are checked....
get one

OP
S

sainit

Journeyman
hello dear,

I want a tool which can be hold in hand and through which i can know that data is coming from another side in the cable.

Some times computer is not available on both end and anyone cannot come and go for very long distance every time to check whether green light is glowing or not.

so pls tell me the name of such a tool and where i can get it and what will the price for this.

thanks

Him007

Journeyman
sainit said:
hello sharika,

what is the name of this tool and from where i can get one for me.

thanks

hey it is LAN tester,,,,,, It also check whether it is cross OR straight cable..... really good i am also using

OP
S

sainit

Journeyman
hello Him007,

Can u please tell me where i can get this LAN Tester and for how much ?

I m living in gurgaon. So pls tell me any location in Gurgaon or Delhi.

Thanks

Him007

Journeyman
sainit said:
hello Him007,

Can u please tell me where i can get this LAN Tester and for how much ?

I m living in gurgaon. So pls tell me any location in Gurgaon or Delhi.

Thanks

Hey, you can go to any near by computer market in gurgaon....Otherwise nehru place is the place where u can get all the brands of LAN TESTER wd good price, I also purchased the same last year from there :)

www.npithub.com

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

shaunak

Tux Fan
ax3 said:
bt how much do these LAN TESTER cost ?

150/- in Mumbai if you buy it off lamington.

Its about 200/- in the western suburbs. Dont remember the exact address now. Some where in MIDC or andheri stn {w}.

... PS: mostly andheri W ......ithink...:confused:

hrushij

Broken In
simple way.............
go to ur electrician and take his multimeter.... and check continuity for each wire...
its funny but true..........

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
*www.electronics123.net/amazon/pictures/vtlan4.jpg
this is the thing u want...

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I got the lan tester for Rs. 140 on Monday. Works good for me. And looks cool too. From Nehru Place.

*lh5.google.com/jebasingh.emmanuel/RoIFP3yXh0I/AAAAAAAAAQk/K0hZ6QEzEIw/s144/DSC01598.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom