how to install vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_pant

In the zone
lets say that i got my hands on the windows vista Build 5270 "Windows Vista December CTP" DVD image from the net...
now i have no DVD burner...
so can someone explain me howto install this almost feature complete build on my PC?
i want dual boot....
also please tell me about VMware stuff.... and how to install on it?

ishaan

Padawan
u can use Alcohol 120% to make a virtual cd rom drive...then mount that vista image on the drive so that it appears to the pc that it is cdrom

then u can jus use it normally

but its illegal 2 dload its image n use it and not allowed to discuss it in these forums so mods mite remove this stuff

OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
discussion is not illegal.... but i admit downloading is....
hey the point is... how do i boot from a virtual disc????

by DDing it on a HD or something?

legolas

Padawan
download teh software say VMWARE. run it. create a new installation. use virtual drive to mount the image say linux os. it wud automatically start the installation. try it... if u face any difficulties.. post it here. i guarantee u it aint that difficult as u might hav thought to be.

/legolas

ishaan

Padawan
if that doesnt work, u could also try extracting the image to a place in ur HDD. once that is done, reboot and use a bootdisk and make it start in dos...then jus navigate to the place u extracted the dvd image and open setup

i installed win98 once like this so i think it should work..

choudang

Padawan
extract all the contents from the DVD using alcohol or Nero or whatever that you have. just install from there, i have done it upto 2003 server.

adityaksharma

Broken In
for installing you do not need to boot using the dvd just mount and run it.......it will work.......i installed it .........

i had tht DVD tho :p but........i did not boot with it......

satbir

Broken In
ishaan said:
if that doesnt work, u could also try extracting the image to a place in ur HDD. once that is done, reboot and use a bootdisk and make it start in dos...then jus navigate to the place u extracted the dvd image and open setup

i installed win98 once like this so i think it should work..
what you are saying is applicable to OS's upto win 98............. vista would surely require a platform before installation.......... it won't run in dos.......... i tried to run xp setup in dos........... no luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom