How to Install Sify Broadband Client ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

plsoft

Journeyman
i'm new to linux, in fact i know nothing about linux except i have installed fedora core 4. My question is regarding installing linux softwares. After downloading sify broadband client software, here is the readme file on how to install the software, please explain the whole meaning (root, command, $ etc.) as if you were teaching ABC to a child.

This will install sifyd and sifyconnect.

______| sify broadband client for linux |________
| |
| sifyd : sify broadband service daemon. |
| sifyconnect : command interface to sifyd. |

Run
---
$sifconnect --login

This will prompt the user to type the username and password, after typed the username and password
the system will authendicate the user against his usernam and password. Once the authendiation finished
successfully, the system will display session releated information about the user.

$sifyconnect --logout

This will logout the user session.

$sifyconnect --info

This will give the inforamtion about the user session while he logged in.

$sifycconnect --help

Print the overall help about sifyconnect.

note :

To install this software the user should have root privileges,
once the service is installed any user can utilize the service.

FAQ:

1. What is sifyconnect ?

sifyconnect is a software utility which is used to connect sify broadband service.

2. Why sifyd ?

This is just to provide high quality network management service. if some failure is happened
in the network or in the system you may not able to logout the session in that case the sify servers
automatically terminate the connection with sify network. So the user need not worry about the fault billing.

3. How to obtain the sify broadband client for linux ?

To obtain the sify broadband client software, before you login to the sify broadband simply
call sify.com in your browser, this will redirect you to the page where you can download the software.
-----------------------

Moreover, please tell me how to install other softwares as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom