How to install Serive pack in windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

robogeek

Broken In
I installed windowsXP and if I try to install service pack 1 it is giving error as Key is not valid and contact their customer center. I given this key when installin XP and it installed and working propery.But it is giving error when installing service pack.

Some body told that service pack1 is preinstalled while installing XP. is it true?

can we install service pack 2 whithout installing service pack 1.?
plz give reply

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
# key is not valid coz, your key must have come from illicit sources. get a valid key, this error wont come. there are lot of keys which were found to be leaked after realese of xp, those keys are included into invalid keys list in sp1/2 installations but found valid by origial xp installation cd.
# sp1 or sp2 could be installed along with xp, but it depends on you installation cd. there are installation cds with and without s-packs. check out which one do u have.
# service packs are cumulative in nature. installing sp2 will install all updates of sp1.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I think all your queries has been answered. And that wont install in case you got a pirated copy and asking how to bypass the same is ilegal.

Some body told that service pack1 is preinstalled while installing XP. is it true?
Well it depends on the Windows CD that you got. I have XP gold with sp2 + major updates installed and I dint have to install them seperately.

The SP's should install with any issues in case your copy is licensed.
Hit me with a PM in case you want to re-open this thread (with valid reason)

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom