How to Install Phpbb Forums on Home PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranavrules2006

Right off the assembly line
Hi.. Can someone please explain to me in detial, on how to set up a Phpbb Forums on my home PC? Please can you provide me with a good in-depth guide on making forums[Including the SQL Part] if possible? Please do help me here.. Thanks a million.. you rok..

Also mention which web server[for home PCs] to use here? If possible, can you please tell me a good host which is FREE, PHP support, 1 SQL database
so i can install the forums there.. thanks a lot..;):p

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well for Home PC... there is an all in one package available.. Apache, MySQL, PHP 4...

*www.easyphp.org/

just follow the phpBB help on how to install a phpBB... *www.phpbb.com/support/tutorials/

its very easy... :)

OP
P

pranavrules2006

Right off the assembly line
saurav_cheeta said:
well for Home PC... there is an all in one package available.. Apache, MySQL, PHP 4...

*www.easyphp.org/

just follow the phpBB help on how to install a phpBB... *www.phpbb.com/support/tutorials/

its very easy... :)

I saw the tutorials.. i needed to know how to install the database and all that stuff.. Can u please explain that?:)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
easyphp for some reason hangs wenever i try to use it with my lan working dont know why .... besides installing phpbb3 is very simple .... just go to mysql create a datbase and a user .... add tht user to the database u created ... fill in this info during insallation and if all goes well 2-3 mins and phpbb is installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom