How to install knoppix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Hey friends, can we install knoppix on our hard disk? As it is Live Os. If yes , how? Coz i cant find the option.
Help me.

sknowonweb

Journeyman
Yes u can Install . But Why Knoppix . U can find more flavours to install for a PC . I got the following links . i personnaly never experiencedinstallation with knoppix , but i did it with slax and ubuntu . Check the links
*www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Install_HowTo
*www.freenet.org.nz/misc/knoppix-install.html

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
But yaar i m having knoppix DVD which is having all the softs. I hav tried ubuntu but it dont hav any softwares with it. Plz tell me how to install? Thanx.

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Hello anybody there?
Congrats everybody.
I hav successfully installed Knoppix 5.0.1 and it was so simple.
U cant even thought that it was so simple.

nirajkvinit

Broken In
I tried to install Knoppix few days ago, everything went fine but unfortunately my mouse died in the installation process. Guess the USB module couldn't succeed to load. Can't blame, my knoppix was very old.

Anyway the process to install knoppix is: Wait the links provided above is good enough. No use of redundancy.

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
It is very simple to install Knoppix.
This Technique is for the LATEST, i think from version 4 may b

Start Knoppix from LIVE cd or DVD
After everything starts i mean when it shows u the desktop :) open Console from there and type---

Knoppix-Installer

It will Start the installation and it is very easy then other Distro to install it.

ravi.xolve

Broken In
Hi I agree that Knoppix is much better than UBuntu. Instead I say why ubuntu is great except for free disks u get.

to install knoppix oprn root console from knoppix menu
use command "knx2hd"

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Ravi this is i think very old Script command
The new one is
Knoppix-installer
But anyone knws that how can we change the screen resolution to 1024 X 768 from 800 X 600.
Plz help

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
ravi.xolve said:
Hi I agree that Knoppix is much better than UBuntu. Instead I say why ubuntu is great except for free disks u get.

to install knoppix oprn root console from knoppix menu
use command "knx2hd"
Ubuntu is way better for me then Knoppix when it comes to usage as a desktop OS. I really love the way knoppix is as a live cd.
BTW, how does knoppix differ from Ubuntu once you install it? Both are the same, both come from debian testing. So, how come you can say knoppix is better than ubuntu?
I rather feel the work done by ubuntu team really makes life easier atleast for me. And BTW they do contrbute it back to debian too so Debian and other Debian based systems can make use of their work.

lalit_ngp

Broken In
how to setup a dataone connection through this knoppix live cd v5.1????

plz tell procedure step by step!!!!

thx

mediator

Technomancer
Manshahia said:
Ravi this is i think very old Script command
The new one is
Knoppix-installer
But anyone knws that how can we change the screen resolution to 1024 X 768 from 800 X 600.
Plz help
AFAIK, There's a program "915resolution". U have to install that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom