how to install cpu on mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
i have bought an amd sempron 2500+ and asus k8vmx board
since, this is the first time i'll be installing a cpu, i have a few doubts.

1.)will the thermal compound/heat sink and processor fan come with the cpu or will i have to buy separately
2.)will the installation procedure be given in the mobo or cpu manual...havent received the products yet, so dunno
3.)also my current mobo was atx based and the new mobo is microatx based, so will the new mobo support my older cabinet
and how is micoratx dfferent frm atx

i would also be highly obliged if anyone cud plz tell me the nuances of installing the cpu, without screwing up anything...

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
yes, u will get the whole kit. CPU, heatsink, fan, instruction manual. read the mobo manual before u open the CPU box...i'll seriously suggest that u take guidance from a friend about mobo connections and settings.

yes, it will support ur new config,but u should have atleast 300W smps. micro ATX are smaller in size. 24x24 cm

OP
abhishek_sharma

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
thanx dude....actually i dont need help for mobo connections or anything such...since i have fiddled with my current mobo many times
the only problem was installing a cpu in the mobo socket coz i havent done it earlier...

thanx anyway

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Since the Sempron is still made with the old fashioned Pin on the cpu kinda design unlike Intels LGA designe,installing it is pretty straightforward.

Also the Stock HSF comes preapplied with Shinetsu Thermal Paste/Pad and is specially designed for AMD processors and keeps things ultra cool so you should be ok with the entire installation procedure.

Refer the included manual well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom