How to install a DVD-ROM drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hi,

After long last, I am finally getting the Sony DVD-ROM drive. 8) today. The problem is I already have a CD-writer attached to the machine. So how to install the DVD-ROM? Perhaps I have to configure it as secondary master as the writer is configured as secondary slave...(not sure.. :cry: , but I am sure that it is a secondary drive). What jumper settings that I have to make in order to attach the same? And how to attach in the motherboard?

Can someone help me out? It is urgent. I do not want the hardware person to simply take Rs.300 as service charge simply to install the same.

I apologise if I posted again and not sure if this topic has been discussed previously. I searched the forums and could not find it.

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
You mean when you had just the writer... it was set to slave... i don't think you can set any drive to slave if you don't have anyone else set to master!! I have experienced this one!

It must be set to secondary master!
Then if you want to set he DVDROM to sec. slave. then set the jumper for the slave... the jumper settings are printed on the drive itself! So, don't worry!
Also, if you want to set it to slave... you can just simply remove the jumper and connect it to the PC!! Mine is working like that only!

But IFF, you want ur DVDROM to be master and ur RW to be slave... you HAVE to set the ROM to Master and then do anything EXCPET master to the RW!!!

I don't think I m at all worng ... coz... evrything is what have tried myself!!!! :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom