How to hide folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaushal Hiwarkar

Be Healthy, Keep Smiling
Friends is there any free utility or software to hide a folder , if possible the whole drive. If yes then plz tell me I am in a desperate need of such utility.

One more problem I am pressing right click of my mouse but it doesn't show any property window. However by pressing property button of keyboard it shows property what's the problem . Reply me .

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
follow this buddy :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60575

plz use the search option before posting

rocket357

Security freak
If you REALLY wanted it hidden (and I mean, NO ONE can find it...not even the administrator), then write a driver to filter the files/processes/whatever you want to hide. Sure, it's considerably more complex than a "point and click" solution, but hey! it's free! (well, unless you consider time = money, in which case it's probably rather expensive).

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
instead of hiding a folder let's try that no body even u also cannot see the folder,for this u need knowledge in Registry,steps are:
1. type regedit in start->run
2.then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ->SOFTWARE->MICROSOFT->WINDOWS
->CURRENT VERSION->EXPLORER->ADVANCED->FOLDER
3.here u will find a string "TYPE (GROUP)" on the right side of window,DELETE THIS VALUE

then u will not find "SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS"options in TOOLS->FOLDER OPTIONS->VIEW in MY COMPUTER
5.IF U want it back again do 2nd step and create a new string value called "TYPE" and name it's value as "GROUP",if doubts contact krishh_12@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom