How to give background music to a website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Hi

I need to know how to give a background music to a complete website like there is on digit cds and dvds. It should continue on the next page (It should not restart from the beginning). Also I need a play, pause, stop, volume butten to operate the music and also change it and select one of the avalable musics. Please can anyone tell me?

Thank you
Aditya Shevade

tuxfan

Technomancer
Digit uses Flash on its CD/DVDs!

Frankly speaking, its pretty annoying to have background music on a site, especially if there's no stop button! I will post about music on the site, but later. Need to rush for a meeting. Expect it to be here sometime today :)

As for continuous music, you can use frames (which is a bad for search engine listsings).

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Seriously the music annoys me to hell until n unless its some hard music which it wont :D and if u r indeed planning to have music make sure u dont eat up the bandwidth of the user and do install a stop button

mediator

Technomancer
Hmmm.....
Add this to ur header section!!

<bgsound src="source.mid" loop="2"></bgsound>

here source.mid is the background music and loop="2" is the number of times the muzic will repeat itself. In this case 2 times.

Have fun!

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
how to exactly apply the music to the whole website?

Just add the code after body tag.

the bgsound element will play the sound uncontrollably. Also it is supported only by IE, i think.
Instead use the 'embed' element which will allow you to play or stop the sound.
The code is: Use this inside the body tag.

<embed src="filename.mid" volume="100" align="center" loop="100" height="30" width="100" autostart="true">

gaurav21r

Journeyman
Sometimes if u have ur download manager in the background, the background music gets downloaded instead of being played almost "invisibily". And sometimes it gets downloaded as well as played!

You don't reallly need it actually.. All top quality sites don't have background music, it actually has negative impact in many cases...

tuxfan

Technomancer
Try this code. I admit, I haven't written this code. :)

Code:
<div>
    <!--[if !IE]> <-->
        <object type="audio/midi" data="file.mid" width="300" height="30">
            <param name="autoplay" value="true">
            Error: Embedding <a href="file.mid">file.mid</a> with your browser's audio/midi handler failed. The browser plug-ins distributed with <a href="www.apple.com/quicktime/download/">Quicktime</a> handle the audio/midi type.
        </object>
    <!--> <![endif]-->
    <!--[if IE]>
        <object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" codebase="*www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" width="300" height="30">
            <param name="src" value="file.mid">
            <param name="autoplay" value="true">
        </object>
    <![endif]-->
</div>

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Better don't use any music. It annoys the users of the site if they can't turn it off.
And if they can't turn off the music, they will go to another site!!

OP
aditya.shevade

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Hi

Thank you everyone. Now I think it's better not to apply a background music. But can't I include (I just want how to do this) a media player on the site. Like there is one on ricky martin site. You can stop play control volume of the songs.

Aditya

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
The one on the Ricky Martin site is a flash mp3 player. Its designed using flash authoring s/w like FlashMX.
You could design your own or search in google.
I found this site for you:
*www.flamplayer.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom