How to get rid of your old pc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Guys, I have this old pc which is almost 8 years old. It was in working condition and a party was interested in buying it. But the vert next day it stopped working.Now I have converted old HDD to USB disk. What about the rest? I wish to know how can I get rid of this machine . Don't ask me to throw it out.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
You can donate it to a charity or a school with poor finances. But I strongly suggest that you restore it to working condition first, otherwise you'll just create a headache for the donors. If you post the configuration, we might be able to help you judge whether anyone can make use of it.

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
You can donate it to a charity or a school with poor finances. But I strongly suggest that you restore it to working condition first, otherwise you'll just create a headache for the donors. If you post the configuration, we might be able to help you judge whether anyone can make use of it.

P3 IGhz + 815e board + 15"samsung monitor.

The machine isnt getting switched on .A local guy tried to replace
few capacitors on mb but in vain. And do you think I can service this
board these days and sell it for a profitable amount or donate it to someone
without losing big amount..??

goobimama

 Macboy
Whatever you do don't throw them out. If you don't feel like fixing it, see if your dealer wants it, even for free. Although I guess if that Mobo is gone, then there's no use of giving that cause it'll end up in the trash anyway.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
"Profitable" can be relative. If you get 1k for it, that's still better than nothing. If you think of donating it to a worthy cause as more than just a free disposal channel, and are willing to spend, say, a thousand (repairs, a used 40GB HDD, etc.) to get it back in working order, I'd say it's worth it.

A 1GHz P3 is quite useable for non-demanding work. I've seen members in the Bazaar section willing to buy an 800 MHz P3 CPU, an 810e mobo, SDRAM and so on. If we were living in the same city, I'd be willing to try to revive the whole thing and, if successful, even pay you something for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom