HOW TO: Get old Kirsch forum theme back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Update: Everything at one place.. Here

UPDATE on June 24, 2009:
* Removed new header and footer ads.

Please download the one that says [NEW]. I've forgotten old account login credentials. :p

I've already posted my tutorials here. But as per request I'm creating a new thread so that its easy for new visitors to find what they are looking for.

This script will get get rid of all new weird theme and bring back good old Kirsch theme. It also removes all the ads and Think digit header. This is how it looks:

*img529.imageshack.us/img529/8053/basicjg6.th.jpg

Tutorial for Firefox:

1. Get stylish extension form here

2. Get the stylish script form here. Click the button that says "load into Stylish". A window will pop up. Click save.

3. Now reload the browser and see the transformation.

Update: I'll update the script time to time. In order to update your script do following:
Go to manage styles (right click stylish icon at bottom) > Find updates and update all. Thats it!

Without Stylish Extension:

1. Get the stylish script form here. Click "Show code", copy and paste the code into a text editor and name it some_file_name.css.

2. Save this file to your firefox profile > Chrome directory.
For windows its stored in \Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\chrome.
Vista: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla
For Linux, its /home/<username>/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx.default/chrome

3. In the chrome directory, create a file named userContent.css. Edit the file and add the following line in it:
Code:
@import url("some_file_name.css");
Here some_file_name.css is the css file you have saved before. Save it, restart Firefox.

4. Open digit forum and you will see the changes.

Note: always use Adblocker Plus to save your bandwidth.

Tutorial for Opera:

Opera has inbuilt feature for site specific user stylesheet. This is how you do it:

1. Get the css file from here. Save it somewhere, say opera installation directory > styles.

2. Now open think digit form in Opera. right click anywhere on the page > Edit Site Preferences > Display. Browse your css file. Click OK and reload page

*img139.imageshack.us/img139/2759/operacj3.th.jpg

3. Now reload the browser and see the transformation.

Now you no longer have wait till the page loads for the style to be applied. So, you won't see the transformation.

Known bug:

* Opera: a red line beside every "go to last post" button.

Thanks to: hullap (bug report), kalpik(his request to make this script, and bug support), and original kirsch theme developer: Yarub.

If you want an alternative theme get it from here
Keep me posted with bugs if you find any.

Last edited:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Its simply superb. :)

I have one doubt what will happen if our admins delete the theme folder itself? I think you are using the images from the theme folder. If they are not allowing the theme from drop-down menu, they might totally remove the theme from server. atm they have just disabled it for members.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I have one doubt what will happen if our admins delete the theme folder itself? I think you are using the images from the theme folder. If they are not allowing the theme from drop-down menu, they might totally remove the theme from server. atm they have just disabled it for members.
Just in case he needs some webspace for the images or whatever I believe we IRC users can scrap a bit of space for it :). That is , if the above is possible.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
[SIZE=+2]Superb Tutorial !!! [/SIZE]

It's good than rohan_shenoy's tutorial. Thanks !!
Hats off to amitava and all other IRC members ;)

Last edited:

GeekyBoy

In the zone
And the Ads seem to have been deactivated too !!!
Thanks Man!!!!

--------
Sorry, it skipped my notice!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom