How to: Free calls to regular USA, UK, Can etc. phones! Read it! Absolutely Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
Hi guys!

I found a really awesome thing on the internet! You can make free calls to any regular phones in USA, UK, Canada etc. This is a VoIP service and I have practically used it! The clarity is "crystal clear" with absolutely no lag! I called my friend in the Seattle, WA for free using this service! I am posting this so that I could share this news with all digit members!

All you have to do is visit: www.voipcheap.com and download the software (everything is free, dont worry) and register as a user once you have installed the software.

Its great!

Oh, and for those who think I am spamming, this website is not mine. So, I am not promoting it! I am not some re seller or I dont get anything out of it! I am just sharing a bit of news. Thats it!

Enjoy!

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
sounds good. but how will it work on 56k dialup connections? if it works well, i might switch from skype. can it be used for inland calls?

khin007

Journeyman
thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

a
loooooooooooooooot

i called my aunt in USA .. as u said crystal crear ....

superb findout yaar

OP
nagarjun_424

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
@ saurabh.sauron: I dont think it will affect your clarity. But, you might experience some lag.

@khin007: I hope you liked it! But, there is a small problem. If you want to make unlimited free calls, you need to buy $10 credit! Otherwise, it gets disconnected in a minute. But, its still worth it! Once you pay $10 (Rs.460 approx.) you can make unlimited calls. Its pretty cool. You will save up tonnes on ISD bills! And the credit lasts for 6 months!

ashfame

Padawan
saurabh.sauron said:
sounds good. but how will it work on 56k dialup connections? if it works well, i might switch from skype. can it be used for inland calls?

u mean can we use the net to talk to a person within india absolutely free!

eagle_y2j

Youngling
mine none of relative or frnd live in these countries so for me this free offer is of no use(They should add India here)

Andorra free*
Argentina free*
Australia free*
Austria free*
Belgium free*
Brazil free*
Bulgaria free*
Canada free*
Chile free*
China free*
Colombia free*
Cyprus free*
Czech Republic free*
Denmark free*
Finland free*
France free*
Georgia free*
Germany free*
Gibraltar free*
Hong Kong free*
Hungary free*
Iceland free*
Ireland free*
Italy free*
Japan free*
Latvia free*
Liechtensteinfree*
Luxembourg free*
Malaysia free*
Monaco free*
Mongolia free*
Netherlands free*
New Zealand free*
Norway free*
Panama free*
Peru free*
Poland free*
Portugal free*
Russian Federation free*
Singapore free*
Slovenia free*
South Korea free*
Spain free*
Sweden free*
Switzerland free*
Thailand free*
United Kingdom free*
United States free*
Venezuela free*

Last edited:

Vyasram

The pWnster
This is illegal. It is legal to make pc 2 pc calls but not pc to phone calls in our gr8 India :D . But, who cares

OP
nagarjun_424

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
@ Vyasram: This is not illegal! Its absolutely legal. Even Skype will offer such a service from the end of this year. But, Skype will only offer it to people within the USA. So, for us, this is the best option!

Vyasram

The pWnster
just search 4 a topic called "globe 7" in this forum. u will get more info on whether this is legal there

rahul_rks

Broken In
thanks for the info.its really great as i have realtives in us.and even i dont think it would be illegal.

True Geek

Journeyman
I started a thread abt questioning if Globe 7 ,which also provide free calls, is free or not. Cudnt get any proper answer
here it is: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26390&highlight=Globe+7

Vyasram

The pWnster
sorry for giving wrong info, it is legal
Despite rumours to the contrary, PC-to-PC Internet telephony was never illegal. You could always use software to voice chat from one PC to another on the Internet.

What the Indian government did not allow was PC-to-phone Internet telephony.

Yes. There are services on the Inernet like dialpad.com, hottelephone.com and mediaring.com that allow you to purchase talk time and then use their software to make calls to phones across the world by using your PC and Net connection. But these are illegal to use in India and the authorities have been trying to block it with some success.

But from April 1, 2002, the Indian government will lift the ban on PC-to-phone Internet telephony allowing private companies to take this dramatic and cheap technology to the people.

This means that you can use a PC at home or in a cyber cafe or any new gadget that allows you to access the Internet and dial to any phone number anywhere in the world!
source: *www.rediff.com/search/2002/mar/19tel.htm

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Re: How to: Free calls to regular USA, UK, Can etc. phones! Read it! Absolutely Amazi

A ques for members--

What will be cheaper---
1. A phone call within ur state by ur landline.
2. A phone call by this soft using ur Dial-Up.

If the 2nd opt is cheap...Is this because BSNL has 7.5min for a single call, unlike the landline where a call is of short duration..

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Re: How to: Free calls to regular USA, UK, Can etc. phones! Read it! Absolutely Amazi

Whenever I call a landline the prg claims that it is invalid...
I am dialing the exact num with country and city code..

OP
nagarjun_424

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
@nitish_mythology: Did you call an Indian landline? If so, you cannot call unless you buy credit. You dont need to buy it if you called an American landline.

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!

Thanks for the info...
The soft is not working properly in dial-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom