How to format mini SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruturaj3

Journeyman
Hi guys, can any one tell me how to format a password protected mini SD card. Actually i have nokia 6270, i have given password to its memory card(512 MB mini SD Card) ; which now i have forgot.I try out with card reader but when i do this computer stops responding.
please help me........
Thanks in advanced.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
  • Download & install free FExplorer
  • Now browse through the file system > c:\system folder.
  • Look for a file called "mmcstore"
  • Rename the file to mmcstore.txt and then open it.
  • Your password must be at end of the file.

OP
ruturaj3

ruturaj3

Journeyman
Nokia 6270 is S40 phone, FExplorer will not work on it. And password is in the memory card, bcoz i have fomatted the phone memory but it still prompt for password.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Oops! I didn't checkout the model number properly... :rolleyes:
Since you formatted the Phone memory, the password stored in phone memory is also lost now. It is not possible by any means to recover the password from phone. All you have to do is read from memory card reader. What is happening when u connect the card to PC?

Pathik

Google Bot
forget ur mini sd nw.. Thers no way in s40 to retrieve pwds.. U wont b able to access it even wit a card reader

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Hey pathik are the price original? With bill?

Go for a SanDisk or Kingston card.I'm not from Mumbai. So can't tell you the Mumbai price. But will post the price in Kolkata tonight.

Pathik

Google Bot
ncp prices... seems original to me..

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
Connect ur fone to pc thru data cable in "DATA TRANSFER' mode.After ur fone (mem crd) has been detected as a USB Mass Storage Device,try to format it.

assasin

Banned
^^^ Its not gone.A device (MMC Unlocker) is available which does a hard format of any mem crd irrespective of whether its password protected or not.I've seen it here in a mobile repairing shop.

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Where can he find one and some more light on the topic to help ritu get his card back. Thats all. Nothing personal ;)

assasin

Banned
Its nothing bout being personal dude.All i wanted toknow was wat sort of info do u want bout the MMC Unlocker,dats all.
I've seen the device at a local mobile repairing shop here in my home town (Durgapur).So i wont be able to tell ruturaj3 where he'll get it in Mumbai.I think he sud try the mobile repairing shops.
Also if his fones in warranty he cud give a visit to Nokia Care,maybe they can solve it.

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
OK.................Understood. Hey ritu, follow assasin and see if it works. Don't forget to post your feedback.

OP
ruturaj3

ruturaj3

Journeyman
Hey guys , u are right , i have search that on google .Called as MMC Unlock clip.
*gsmserver.com/hardware/mmc_clip.php
try this link.
I also asked my friend about this , he told me it cost around 350 Rs. in bandra(some local shops). I will check this out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom