How to find out what codec is used with videos(a software)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biplav

In the zone
Download AVI codec from :
Code:
*avicodec.duby.info/

After you install this program all you have to do is right click on the video file you want to view and click AVICodec : Detailed Information. It will tell you exactly what video and audio codec is used and even give you a link where to download it. It is one of the most usefull programs if you've ever gotten a video and couldn't watch it because you didn't have the right codec. And it's freeware. 8)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
LOL.. another software which does the same job:
Gspot
Ability to find details about of the codecs and other filters used when the "MS" (Microsoft DirectShow) render function is used, as well as details about the mediatypes involved. Accomplished by choosing "Details" from a context ("right-click ") menu.

Screenshot:
*www.headbands.com/gspot/ms-details.png

Download:
*www.headbands.com/gspot/download.html

Charley

Just Do It
@grudge - I tried the softie with some files on my drive and didnt show any info on it.

Why ?? ??

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
achako:

probably because its not a valid video file mate. I would reccomend GSpot. Been using it for years and its small and easy to use and best of all its free ;)

Even though I'm a GSpotter (I like the interface and for familiarity- been using it for years), here are a few things in favour of AVICodec

Unlike GSPOT this one can do multiple files at one time.

Best of all, this app integrates into your right click menu. So getting info is as simple as Rt. click ->AVICodec:Detailed Information

-Keith

khandu

In the zone
yeah Gspot is best..

pre-installed in Kazaa Mega codec pack and is superb when i get stuck tryin to play a movie..

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
khandu said:
pre-installed in Kazaa Mega codec pack and is superb..
U mean K-Lite Mega Codec pack, do u ?
GSpot Codec Information is the way to Go!
I 1st used it when downloaded K-Lite Codec pack.
Very Helpfull

OP
Biplav

Biplav

In the zone
yah gspot is good.
but avi codec integrates to ur right click menu.
so all u got to do is select the file and right click-open with avicodec.
simple :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom