How to Enable DMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guys

I have a Sony DVD RW DW-Q120 A . The problem is i am unable to enable DMA for this device . I tried to do it through Device Manager but it didnt help . Now with it being disabled it is taking 40 minutes to burn a DVD . Please help

Ishan

In the zone
arey...just click on the DVD/CD option in the device manager and then from the menu bar clcik on View..

and click on the help in the tool bar and type DMA in that and search!
Actually do this in XP not in 98

pops

Broken In
Actually enabling DMA through device manager is not enough. U should go through BIOS setup and change DMA setting Auto-> Enable (by default it usually Auto). Depend upon BIOS type some times DMA Controller may placed under Advance Feature, but usually you’ll found in same drive menu under Standard Feature.

You have not maintain the no. of IDE Drive using. However if u r using one IDE HDD as a Primary Master and optical drive as Primary Slave, then buy separate IDE cable & plough your optical drive as Secondary Master (You may choose 80.wared-Ultra DMA cable for better res.).
And finally if you are using Windows XP there nothing to be worry your Device Manager automatically choose the right option!

You can update your firmware for better performance. Make sure downloading the correct firmware according to your ACTUAL drive model!!! And flash it correctly.
Otherwise you’ll start the above procedure with a NEW ONE!!!!
SONY official firmware can found on:
*sony.storagesupport.com/dvdrw/firmware.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom