How to enable Cool n Quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.

joy_chak

Right off the assembly line
Hi AMD experts,
I just purchased a new AMD system, having AMD Athlon 3200+ and Gigabyte MOBO (having Nvidia 6100 ). I have installed the Cool n Quiet driver for AMD. I have Windows Xp SP2. I have enabled "minimum power saving" in the power schemes of Windows XP. The motherboard doesnot have a BIOS option to enable or disable Cool n Quiet. But the CPU speed never goes down, I am using the CPU monitor of AMD to view speed. Please help me to enable this feature.

G

gxsaurav

search on this forum, for a guide to enabling Cool & Quite, i didwrote it, but can't find right now

countrock

Broken In
i wud not recommend using it..if u play games.
because in even old games like quake 3 suddenly the FPS drops to 20-30 for af ew seconds. its really irretating. but for normal working its nice.

joy_chak said:
Hi AMD experts,
I just purchased a new AMD system, having AMD Athlon 3200+ and Gigabyte MOBO ...........

What Gigabyte mobo do you have? I'm sure there should be an option somewhere in the BIOS.

If it does not have it, get a new mobo. Unlike what the previous poster said, I haven't found any performance degradation even with the most demanding apps/games. (as per my experience with AMD Athlon 64 3000+, Asus A8n)

Going by this thread I think some Gigabyte boards do not have this option.
*forums.viaarena.com/messageview.aspx?catid=23&threadid=68679&enterthread=y

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom