how to enable autorun feature in win xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_cash

In the zone
hi i want to know how to enable the autorun feature for my cd and dvd drive in xp.both my drives do not show the name of the cd/dvd that is inserted.if i go to cntrl panel>administrative tools>computer mgmt, here where the hard disk partition are listed with cd/dvd drive(i don.t remember exactly which option that was) it shows the name of cd/dvd drive which i have inserted,but it does not show the name in my computer list.i got both the drives checked with my vendor he says they work perfectky fine .i am thinking of formatting my computer ,but my endor says that won't be wise as the drives are only not showing the name but there is no problem with reading of disks.whenever i restart my system with a cd/dvd inserted in a drive then it shows it's name in my computer list.but if i insert any cd/dvd in that drive after that then the name of the disk(which was inside the drive when i restarted)still remains it only clears when i restart p.c. although i can read from the cd's/dvd's that i insert there name is not displayed in the my computer list. pls help

anandk

Distinguished Member
How To Enable/Disable Autorun (Windows XP)
Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + "e" key.
Right-click the desired CD-ROM and select Properties from the menu.
Select the AutoPlay tab.
Select each item from the pulldown list and for the Action to perform, select "Take no action" to disable autorun, or pick the apporpriate action to take if enabling autorun.
Select OK.
*www.moonvalley.com/products/rwavdc/enable.htm

else there is a utility called winboost which can help u.
*www.magellass.com/enable_disable_windows.html

'the computersecurity tool' another utility, can also do this job 4 u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom