how to download icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

gramesh

Journeyman
Hi

I want to download some freely available icons on the net.
Please tell me some good sites, how to download and use those icons?

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
Deviant Art, Interface Lift, WinCustomize are good sites. For changing icons use Desktop Architect or Icon Packager

overclocker

Journeyman
Deviant Art nd WinCustomize r good website if u wanna collect good icon package but lol I wanna notice u another website which is equally good like them. www.guichamps.com> another awesome website. Just check it out.

OP
G

gramesh

Journeyman
ravi_pintu2001@yahoo.com said:
y dont u make a google search.

I did google search, but could not download any icons, and not clear how to use the downloaded icons?

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
No, it is not.

For changing icons individually, right-click on the file or shortcut, select 'Properties' and there is an option 'Change icon' somewhere.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@gramesh
There are different ways to download icons from net.

U can download icon packs, which are in different formats. Actually these icon packs are created using different softwares, so u'll need that software to apply those icon packs. A few popular icon packs need Tuneup Styler, Icon packager to be installed to apply them. The best thing about these icon packs, is u don't need to do nething just install the software and open the icon pack and apply it. It'll take care of the rest! ;)

Alternatively, u can download separate icon files, which are available in zip or rar files mostly, and then use softwares, like Tuneup Styler to apply them acc. to ur requirements!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
To install the ICONs manually (by registry) yourself, THIS thread will be helpful.
Mr.Vista (Vishal Gupta) has explained how. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom