how to download a site????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidawar

Broken In
hey is there a way that i can dwnld the whole site..like a forum site like this and can view it later offline...thereby saving my data charges :)

Pathik

Google Bot
a forum gets updated by the second... so its not practical to download forums... u can dload normal sites using html spiders... some softs like smartftp r available...
c this .. *www.surfoffline.com/

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
you can use teleport pro or webzip

i personally use teleport pro
u can download entire site including text, graphics,etc. also it can update a downloaded site ..:cool:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
HTTrack Website Copier is free.
Teleport Pro is good.

These r called website downloaders or offline browsers.
List of other free Offline Browsers @ Tucows
List of other free Offline Browsers @ CNet

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I suggest Teleport. It supports checking the site for updates and downloading the updates.

Not sure how would forums work.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Ah!! Once again the same topic! You can't download a DYNAMIC site like a forum. Take for example this forum.

It must be using at least 300-400 MB. So you start downloading. By the time you finish downloading, so many people will come and post new things and start new threads. Even for backups, forums are shut down!!

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
tuxfan said:
You can't download a DYNAMIC site like a forum.
Ha... didn't notice he asked 4 downloading forums!!! Nope... how can u download something which keeps on changin the very minute u r downloadin it?

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
LOL, Forum runs on PHP and thee Softwares....you guys are saying are for downloading "static content" like Images and HTML.

PHP - Dynamic :lol: If someone could download PHP that easy...whole Source code of scripts would be open.

In one line - Dynamic Content like ASP PHP....not going to happen ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom